Enterprise Vault™ PST Migration
- About this guide
- Introduction to PST migration
- PST file ownership
- PST migration: scripted
- Output from PST migration
- PST migration: wizard-assisted
- PST migration: Locate and Migrate
- Setting up PST Locate and Migrate
- Configuring the holding folder for PST Locate and Migrate
- Creating and configuring the PST Locator, PST Collector, and PST Migrator tasks
- Migrating PST files using PST Locate and Migrate
- Running the PST Locator task to find domains and computers
- Running the PST Locator task to find PST files
- PowerShell cmdlets for PST migration
- PST migration: client-driven migration
- About client-driven PST migration
- Enabling mailboxes for PST client-driven migration
Selecting computers for PST searching
Computers that have been found on the network are listed under Personal Store Management > in the Administration Console. You can select the computers that you want to search for PST files in one of the following ways:
Select multiple computers at once.
Edit the properties of individual computers.
You can edit the properties of the computer to specify paths you want the PST Locator task to look in or ignore when looking for PST files.
You can also use theoption in the > context menu to add the computers that you want the task to look for PST files in.
The PST Locator task is unable to perform a hard disk search on a NetApp MultiStore (also known as "vFiler"). A NetApp Filer must be configured with a minimum ONTAPI Management API version of 1.4. The ONTAPI interface is the foundational API for NetApp products. Version 1.4 is provided with the Data ONTAP 7G software release, or later. For the latest information on supported devices and versions of software, see the Enterprise Vault Compatibility Charts.
To exclude a computer from PST searching, edit the properties of the computer.
To select multiple computers to search
- In the Administration Console, expand Personal Store Management > Computers to display a list of the computers that have been found on the network.
- Hold down Ctrl or Shift and highlight the computers that you want to search.
- Right-click and select Properties on the menu.
- A dialog box asks if you want the PST Locator task to search the selected computers. If the highlighted computers are the ones that you want to search, click Yes.
In the Search column, Yes is displayed for each computer that you selected.
To edit the properties of individual computers
- In the Administration Console expand Personal Store Management > Computers to display a list of the computers that have been found on the network.
- Double-click the name of the computer that you want to include when searching for PST files. The computer properties page is displayed.
- To include the computer in PST searching, select Search this computer when PST Locator task runs.
To exclude the computer from PST searching, clear the option check box.
- If the computer is a NetApp Filer, click the Settings tab and check that This computer is a NetApp Filer is selected.
This setting is selected automatically when the PST Locator task adds a NetApp Filer. However, if the computer was unavailable when found by the PST Locator task, it is not selected automatically.
- Click the Search Paths tab to specify the paths that you want the PST Locator task to include or exclude when looking for PST files on this computer.
- Click OK to close the properties.