Enterprise Vault™ PST Migration
- About this guide
- Introduction to PST migration
- PST file ownership
- PST migration: scripted
- Output from PST migration
- PST migration: wizard-assisted
- PST migration: Locate and Migrate
- Setting up PST Locate and Migrate
- Configuring the holding folder for PST Locate and Migrate
- Creating and configuring the PST Locator, PST Collector, and PST Migrator tasks
- Migrating PST files using PST Locate and Migrate
- Running the PST Locator task to find domains and computers
- Running the PST Locator task to find PST files
- PowerShell cmdlets for PST migration
- PST migration: client-driven migration
- About client-driven PST migration
- Enabling mailboxes for PST client-driven migration
Configuring the PST holding folder for PST client-driven migration
The PST holding folder is used as a collecting area for the PST files that the PST Migrator task has archived. The folder must be a network share to which the logon account that the PST Migrator task uses has Delete access.
The account that you use to configure the PST holding area must have sufficient access to the folder to list it in a selection dialog box. Typically, the Vault Service account is used as the logon account by the tasks and when configuring the PST holding folder, but it is possible to specify different accounts.
To configure the PST holding folder
- In the left pane of the Administration Console, display the Enterprise Vault Site Properties.
- On the General tab, click Browse next to PST holding folder.
A prompt asks whether you want to browse Regular or Hidden shares.
- Select the type of share that you intend to specify for the PST holding folder, and then click OK.
- In the Browse for Folder dialog box, expand Entire Network > Microsoft Windows Network. Expand the required domain and then the server on which the share is located. The list of shares that are displayed contains shared folders to which the account has access.
- Select the folder you want to use for the PST holding folder and then click OK.
- Click OK to close Site Properties.