Enterprise Vault™ PST Migration
- About this guide
- Introduction to PST migration
- PST file ownership
- PST migration: scripted
- Output from PST migration
- PST migration: wizard-assisted
- PST migration: Locate and Migrate
- Setting up PST Locate and Migrate
- Configuring the holding folder for PST Locate and Migrate
- Creating and configuring the PST Locator, PST Collector, and PST Migrator tasks
- Migrating PST files using PST Locate and Migrate
- Running the PST Locator task to find domains and computers
- Running the PST Locator task to find PST files
- PowerShell cmdlets for PST migration
- PST migration: client-driven migration
- About client-driven PST migration
- Enabling mailboxes for PST client-driven migration
Running the PST Migrator task
The PST Migrator task archives the contents of PST files that are in the PST holding folder to Enterprise Vault archives. There can be many PST Migrator tasks in your Enterprise Vault site, but only one per Enterprise Vault server. You need to configure a PST Migrator task on each Enterprise Vault server that hosts archives to which you intend to migrate PST files. The task archives the contents of PST files that have a status of "Ready to migrate". It uses the migration priority of the file when it migrates files. Files that have a higher priority are processed first.
If you configured the PST migration to wait for the PST files to be backed up before the PST Migrator task archives the contents (in PST Collector task properties), then the PST file status may be displayed as "Ready to back up". The status changes automatically after the files have been backed up.
To run the PST Migrator task
- In the Tasks listing of the Administration Console, right-click the PST Migrator task and, on the shortcut menu, click Start.
Do one of the following:
Right-click the task and then, on the shortcut menu, click Run Now.
Wait for the scheduled run time for the PST Migrator task.
- When the file contents have been archived, the PST file status is displayed as "Ready for post-processing".
When the PST Migrator task has successfully finished processing the PST file, the file status is displayed as "Complete". Depending on how you have set up email notifications, an email is sent to the end user's mailbox.
If a problem prevents the task from completing an operation, details are displayed in the More details box of the PST file properties in the Administration Console. You can also check the report file that is generated during the run.