Enterprise Vault™ PST Migration
- About this guide
- Introduction to PST migration
- PST file ownership
- PST migration: scripted
- Output from PST migration
- PST migration: wizard-assisted
- PST migration: Locate and Migrate
- Setting up PST Locate and Migrate
- Configuring the holding folder for PST Locate and Migrate
- Creating and configuring the PST Locator, PST Collector, and PST Migrator tasks
- Migrating PST files using PST Locate and Migrate
- Running the PST Locator task to find domains and computers
- Running the PST Locator task to find PST files
- PowerShell cmdlets for PST migration
- PST migration: client-driven migration
- About client-driven PST migration
- Enabling mailboxes for PST client-driven migration
Tools for migrating PST files
Scripted migration using Policy Manager. This tool is useful for performing bulk migrations of PST files, but you need to collect the PST files in a central location.
PST Migrator wizard-assisted migration. If you have a small number of PST files, this tool provides a quick way to migrate them to Enterprise Vault.
Locate and Migrate. This tool locates PST files on users' computers, copies them to a central location, and then migrates them. You can configure specific paths to include or exclude during PST searching. Unless you have only a few PST files to migrate, Locate and Migrate is likely to require least effort on your part.
Client-driven PST migration. This tool lets you configure users' computers to locate PST files automatically and copy them to a central PST holding folder. Enterprise Vault then migrates the PST file contents from the holding folder to Enterprise Vault archives.
You can also decide whether you want to give users control over migrating their PST files.
Client-driven PST migration is useful in the following situations:
Users' computers are available on the network only occasionally.
You do not have permission to access PST files on the users' computers.
Users need continual access to their PST files.