Veritas Data Insight Installation Guide
- Understanding the Veritas Data Insight architecture
- About the Collector worker node
- About Veritas Data Insight installation tiers
- Installing Veritas Data Insight
- Upgrading Veritas Data Insight
- Post-installation configuration
- Installing Windows File Server agent
- Getting started with Data Insight
- Uninstalling Veritas Data Insight
- Appendix A. Installing Data Insight using response files
Installing Windows File Server agent manually
To install the Windows File Server agent manually
- Locate the agent installer binary from the agent bundle that ships with the product. The agent bundle is a compressed file that contains the agent installer along with some installation templates. It is called
- Unzip it in a temporary location to get the installer binary.
- Log on (or remote log on) as Administrator to the Windows file server, where you intend to install the agent.
- Double-click the agent installer to launch it.
- The Welcome to the Veritas Data Insight Setup Wizard window appears. Click Next.
- In the License Agreement window, select I accept the agreement, and click Next.
- In the Select Destination Directory window, browse to the directory in which you want Data Insight to be installed. By default, the destination directory is
- In the Configure Data Directory window, browse to the location where you want to store the product data. Select a location with enough free space.
- In the Configure Networking window, enter the following information:
Communication Service Port
Configuration Service port
Configuration service is a process that provides interface to configuration and other product data that is stored on the local system. This service port does not need to be accessible outside the host machine.
The installer validates whether the appropriate ports are free to accept connections.
- To start the installation process, click Next.
- To register the worker node with the Management Server after you exit setup, select the Launch Worker Node Registration Wizard after exit checkbox.
- To exit setup, click Finish.