“Our hybrid cloud model requires unified data protection. We get that with Veritas NetBackup. Also, with the new features (like MySQL agent), and the ones coming (like Openstack backup), in Veritas NetBackup we can cover all backup types we need.”- Xavier Barjol, Engineer, Bell Mobility
NetBackup: #1 in Enterprise Backup Solutions
Enterprise data backup and recovery optimized for the multi-cloud.
What’s New in NetBackup 8.2
- Faster backup to the cloud through NetBackup CloudCatalyst with over 40+ cloud connectors.
- Archive to the cloud with support for AWS Glacier and Deep Archive and MS Azure Archive.
- Orchestrate disaster recovery (DR) into AWS.
- Enable granular file recovery and protection of VMs with agentless everywhere for VMware.
- Expanded support for database, virtualization and cloud workloads including OpenStack, Red Hatvirtualization and Microsoft SQL AG.
- Simplified user experience with automation and integration of NetBackup with third-party applications and platforms including vRealize, ServiceNow and more.
- Improve security, compliance and governance with role-based access and storage, external certificate authority, a two-factor authentication process, smart metering licensing models and Dynamic NAT.Maximize availability with full support for Microsoft SQL AG.
See how simple NetBackup can be for a Backup or Security Administrator.
Unified data protection for cloud, virtual, physical and modern workloads.
Data is growing rapidly and becoming more fragmented across clouds, virtual environments, and ever-changing application platforms. Unified data protection is the only way your IT organization can deliver required service levels while limiting cost and risk—whether data resides on-premises or in the cloud.
- Eliminate the complexity of point solutions and infrastructure management.
- Scale gracefully to mitigate spiraling storage costs and expand into the cloud.
- Protect the most challenging big data and hyperconverged environments.
- Simplify administrative tasks for any user, down to a few clicks.
- Deliver as-a-service to streamline operations and improve service levels.
Scale out protection for scale out workloads
Modern protection for Big Data, Hyperconverged, and Open Source
Next-generation workloads fuel the digital enterprise. They generate massive amounts of data leaving traditional data protection behind. New NetBackup Parallel Streaming delivers a modern, parallel streaming architecture to protect the most demanding scale-out, multi-node workloads with on-demand, plugin simplicity.
- Fast backup and recovery with agentless architecture
- Protect hundreds of data nodes with petabyte-scale
- Rapid plugin development accelerates new workload adoption
- Dynamically scale performance to meet the demands of modern scale-out workloads
- Support for Nutanix, Hadoop, MySQL, MariaDB, PostgresSQL, SQLite and more on the way
Automated, agentless protection with instant access to VM data
Scalable protection and granular recovery for VMware, Microsoft Hyper-V, Nutanix AHV, Red Hat Virtualizationand OpenStack
NetBackup integrates with leading hypervisors to provide real protection for all your virtual environments, including VMware®, Microsoft Hyper-V®, Nutanix AHV, Red Hat virtualization and OpenStack®. Back up without agents at the image level and get granular restores at the VM, file, folder and VMDK level.
- Automated, intelligent policies automatically discover, classify and protect any VM.
- Accelerated performance up to 100x with incremental forever backups.
- Instant recovery for multiple VMs from backup storage when time matters.
- Convenient, self-service backup and restores for VM admins via a modern user interface.
- Protection and recovery for VMware Cloud Foundation and Nutanix Enterprise Cloud.
Protect data to, from, and within clouds
Protection and performance via a single platform
NetBackup lets organizations realize the value of the cloud in protecting information. Designed specifically for the diverse challenges of the enterprise, NetBackup protects data wherever it lives—on-premises in data centers and remote sites or off-premises in the cloud—and can store that data on disk, tape, or the cloud.
- Easily incorporate cloud storage into your backup strategy
- Enhance the performance of backups and restores using cloud storage
- Fast, efficient dedupe to cloud storage with NetBackup Cloud Catalyst
- Protect cloud data and workloads within the cloud
- Choose from the largest selection of fully-tested cloud service providers
SLA-driven, off-site and cloud disaster recovery
Protect your business with disaster recovery to off-premises and public clouds
NetBackup integrates with Veritas Resiliency Platform, offering SLA-driven, automated and orchestrated disaster recovery (DR). Back up to 60+ cloud storage targets with NetBackup CloudCatalyst or proactively recover with Resiliency Platform to off-premises and leading cloud providers like Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Microsoft Azure for near-zero RTOs and RPOs.
- Expand NetBackup data protection to comprehensive resiliency with Resiliency Platform.
- Orchestrate complex application and data recovery across sites and to the cloud.
- Gain end-to-end visibility and reporting of business RTOs and RPOs to monitor recovery progress and resolve problems quickly.
- Perform non-disruptive rehearsals anytime to test your DR readiness. Rehearsals are one-click, with automated cleanups.
Protect your Business, the Right Way
Ransomware continues to evolve, and the risk now goes beyond encrypting data. For multi-cloud organizations, it is crucial to have a unified solution that protects all their data across physical, virtual and cloud environments. Veritas NetBackup—the proven, enterprise-grade backup and recovery software—can be configured to back up your data to multiple locations (including multiple clouds) while offering flexible RTO and RPO options.
- Leverage hardened NetBackup appliances based on NIST Guidelines and Security Technical Implementation Guides.
- Prevent unauthorized access to backup data with role-based access control.
- Enable fast, flexible recovery of data and applications with rapid restore following an attack.
“One of the new features I like most about Veritas NetBackup 8.2 is the new Cloud capabilities, DR restores and the added catalyst dedupe ratios.”- Rob Abrams, Chief Technical Officer, Sithabile Technology Services PTY Ltd.
“NetBackup 8.2 is an exciting release! It comes with an array of features aiming to reduce cost and complexity, scale to adopt new virtualization workloads and clouds. Agent-less restores is one of the greatest features in 8.2. In the past, we had to install an agent to be able to restore individual files. Now, in NetBackup 8.2, agentless restore was expanded to any type of supported storage.”- Virgil Dobos, Virtech AE
"NetBackup has an integration for everything and the flexibility of tailoring it to your needs.”- Laura Ghinda, Linux Administrator, Peerless Clothing, Inc.
Looking for more information? See our library of data sheets, white papers or videos.
Review NetBackup compatibility information.
Why Veritas NetBackup
NetBackup is the trusted choice for enterprises.
What’s New in NetBackup 8.2
Using older versions? See what you may be missing.