“One of the key reasons we switched to NetBackup is that Veritas deployment cycles are about twice as fast as at our previous backup partner.”Richard Morris, Solution Line Manager, Colt Technology Services
Self-service data protection for a heterogeneous world.
Backup and recovery made simple
Empower IT operations, application owners and even individual business users with an easy-to-use web portal, NetBackup Self-Service, to perform backup and restore jobs independently. Enable your organization with quick, on-demand access to backup copies and push-button recovery, removing delays and the manual, routine work of existing processes. With granular role-based access controls and policy-based options available to each user or group, you’re in complete control.
With NetBackup Self-Service, large enterprises or service providers can:
- Unlock agility and boost productivity.
- Drive down costs with multi-tenancy and orchestration capabilities.
- Increase efficiency and simplify management.
- Eliminate manual jobs with automation.
- Enforce standards and reduce risks with policy-based controls.
- Use features and capabilities for VMware.
What’s New in NetBackup Self-Service 8.3
Enhanced VMware capabilities, increased automation, more control
Getting starting with NetBackup Self-Service is easy and intuitive. There are absolutely no modifications required to your existing NetBackup environment. All you need is two servers or virtual machines—one for the web portal and one for the Microsoft SQL database. From there, you simply use the portal to administer your users and policies.
- VMware agentless restores make VM recovery more efficient.
- Auto-discovery of VMware vCenter assets.
- Users can now control expiration of backup images.
- New VMware vCloud Director and updated vRealize Automation plug-in.
- In-place disk restores allow retention of the VMware Managed Object Reference (MoRef) ID.
- And more!