Solutions for Government
Managing Government Records Directive – are you ready?
Compliance by end of 2016 required for U.S. Federal agencies
In the United States, the Managing Government Records Directive will require all Federal agencies to (1) capture all email and file records electronically, and (2) be able to facilitate a transfer of records to the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA). Veritas solutions can help agencies meet this directive whether using the Capstone approach or another method for records management.
- Define records based on content creator or through manual or automated classification for both email and files
- Utilize automated classification to improve ability to respond to FOIA or congressional requests for information
- Flexible deployment options on premises or in cloud leveraging a FedRAMP compliant solution
- Easily export records in a NARA-compliant format
Supervise for transparency
Enhance employee performance and avoid corruption
Veritas helps government departments to monitor unstructured content, providing transparency of communications, encouraging ethical behavior and positive constituency communications.
- Proactively supervising communications helps avoid the appearance of corruption at all levels
- Coaching of employees based on supervisory information can lead to better employees and improved relationships with constituents
- Government services organizations can identify and correct inefficiencies in service delivery, improving relationships with customers
Data solutions for government
Federal and state-level protection for citizen data and services
Veritas empowers government departments to gain better visibility and insight into unstructured data—to control it, store it, and keep citizen services available.
- From court records to emergency services, state and local agencies store a massive amount of data.
- On a federal level, the Presidential Directive on Managing Government records is changing how agencies manage that deluge of data.
Better visibility for smarter action
Veritas provides the tools needed to help state and federal agencies better understand their data, so they can make better decisions about it, granting faster, safer services to citizens.
A holistic information governance strategy can help guide decisions about what to keep, what to protect, and what to delete.
- Automated file classification and analysis tools
- Enterprise information archiving solutions
Access to information is key
Both citizens and agencies depend on access to government information for a variety of critical services.
Veritas provides high availability and wide-area disaster recovery technologies that minimize downtime risk and accelerate recovery, enabling agencies to achieve their missions.
Evaluate the cloud
As agencies consider the benefits of the cloud, smart decision makers favor a phased approach to cloud adoption, which can create significant information-management challenges.
Veritas provides the global visibility, centralized management, and mission-critical data protection agencies need to manage data across diverse systems and environments.