Data Classification, File Analysis & Access Controls
Reduce risk and improve accountability by analyzing and classifying your data.
Webinar: Redefining Archive with Veritas Digital Compliance
See why we were named a Customers' Choice in the 2020 Gartner Peer Insights 'Voice of the Customer' for
File Analysis Software ›
Predict an information crisis before it happens
Data Insight gives you the analytics, tracking, and reporting necessary to deliver organizational accountability for file use and security. Designed to manage the needs of organizations with petabytes of data and billions of files, Data Insight integrates with archiving and security solutions to prevent data loss and ensure policy-based data retention.
- Automate governance through workflows and customization.
- Drive efficiencies and cost savings in your unstructured data environment.
- Maintain regulatory compliance for information access, use, and retention.
- Protect confidential information from unauthorized use and exposure.
Control data growth
Reduce costs and consistently apply policies
- Get robust, easy-to-use reporting on duplicate, stale, and orphaned data.
- Use the only directly integrated file analysis and archiving solution, moving target data automatically to Enterprise Vault.
- Enable content owners to easily apply policies through a self-service portal.
Analyze user behavior
Leverage a user-centric lens for user risk
- Use pioneering file analytics to identify potential access issues or malicious insider behavior based on metadata and user activity.
- Profile users based on social interactions and roles, recognizing peculiar relationships.
- Facilitate user behavior changes with a prebuilt remediation workflow.
Automatically flag anomalies
Get proactive about potential exposure
- Use proprietary algorithms to collate profiles, behavior, and content sensitivity in easy-to-consume User Risk Scores.
- Leverage the only directly integrated file analysis, data loss prevention (DLP), and archiving solution.
- Highlight nonmalicious access risks like negligent employees or exposed shares to administrators.
New in Data Insight 6.2
Compliance, Data Management and Governance Begin with Real Data Visibility
Provide data visibility, expose potential data liabilities and predict problems before they happen. Data Insight enables you to proactively manage the risk of data exposure, control compliance, reduce the possibility of data breaches and quickly locate and classify sensitive and other relevant files.
Control data proliferation and costs
Make intelligent decisions about your data
Simplify the decision-making associated with growing unstructured data using an integrated file governance solution—Data Insight and Enterprise Vault file system archiving (EV FSA)—to assess the value of your information assets and make informed information protection and deletion choices. Use Data Insight to classify your information based on ownership, age, and access. Then analyze your file system characteristics and develop policies to eliminate waste and reduce risk through multiple use cases.
- Identify what data you should keep, for how long, and what data you can defensibly delete
- Locate sensitive data and provide additional protection during migrations
- Cull outdated files from discoverable sources and improve review speeds
Practice data access governance
Ensure everyone can’t access everything
Organizations need to remain in compliance with data use and entitlement policies driven by external regulations as well as internal audits. Data Insight ensures compliance by giving you the power to review and manage access controls without IT assistance. Plus, you can automate the process of user access or entitlements review—a requirement for regulatory compliance.
- Create a detailed audit trail of who accessed which data and when they made changes
- Identify the data owners and custodians you need to engage for policy and compliance efforts
- Leverage data ownership identifications and access permissions visibility for entitlements review
- Use a flexible query interface for business process integration and support for third-party applications and workflows
Investigate user risk
Identify malicious versus unusual behaviors
Although anomalous behavior can often be benign, in some cases it indicates employees, vendors, or contractors who are acting in a malicious—or at least a suspicious—manner. Big data analytics in Data Insight provide the power and process for advanced anomaly detection on a big data cluster. This process lets administrators capture file and user activity for billions of actions and use big data capabilities to create trend lines and identify strange outliers.
- Apply a user-centric lens to your unstructured data
- Enable administrators to monitor and track the file activity, access, and behavior trends of particular employees
- Search and track access permission changes to gain insights into access and compliance risks
Protect against data theft and exposure
Expose the risks hidden in your data
Keeping up with storage costs is just one challenge of enterprise data growth. With petabytes of information scattered across the globe, it’s difficult to guess where the risks in your information are hiding and what potential liability or exposure your organization may have. And without visibility into your information, latent risks may be more damaging than any server or infrastructure costs.
- Prioritize risky data with easy-to-interpret User Risk Scores
- Access justification and confidence level information for potential threats through the User Risk Dossier
- Proactively identify hot spots with advanced algorithmic anomaly identification
Meet new regulatory requirements
Ensure visibility and monitoring of personal data use
The new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) represents a fundamental reshaping of how organizations need to manage, process, and store the personal data of EU citizens. It places appropriate controls around the use of collected personal data, dictates requirements to comply with those controls, and defines substantial fines to be levied in the event of noncompliance. That means your organization must be able to identify the entire inventory of an individual’s data, access its risk status, and monitor it for noncompliance.
- Create a detailed audit trail of who accessed which data and when they made changes to document the confidentiality and integrity of data access for compliance
- Identify data owners and understand your permissions and detailed access history to create an effective data protection process
- Automate the policy application process and engage experts in facilitating decisions with a self-service portal
Data Insight Resources
Looking for more information? See our library of
data sheets, white papers and videos.
Data Insight Requirements
Trying to decide if this product fits your needs?