At Veritas, we enable you to make informed decisions about your information. We help you manage your data, so you can focus on achieving your goals.
We have created this site to provide you with clear and understandable information regarding our privacy practices. Navigate the site to learn more about the privacy protections in Veritas products and services and on Veritas websites.
If You Use Our Products
If you use our products, they may be governed by their own privacy notice. To learn more about the information collected by or in connection with your use of our products, click the links below:
- Veritas Appliance Deployment Planner Privacy Notice
- Veritas APTARE IT Analytics Privacy Notice
- Veritas Backup Exec Privacy Notice
- Veritas Balance Privacy Notice
- Veritas Classify Privacy Notice
- Veritas CloudPoint Privacy Notice
- Veritas Data Insight Privacy Notice
- Veritas Desktop and Laptop Option Privacy Notice
- Veritas eDiscovery Platform Privacy Notice
- Veritas Enterprise Vault License Analyzer Privacy Notice
- Veritas Enterprise Vault Privacy Notice
- Veritas Enterprise Vault.cloud Privacy Notice
- Veritas Flex Appliance Privacy Notice
- Veritas HyperScale for OpenStack Privacy Notice
- Veritas Information Map Privacy Notice
- Veritas Information Studio Privacy Notice
- Veritas Infoscale Operations Manager Privacy Notice
- Veritas Infoscale Privacy Notice
- Veritas Merge1 Privacy Notice
- Veritas Migrate Privacy Notice
- Veritas NetBackup Appliance Privacy Notice
- Veritas NetBackup Privacy Notice
- Veritas NetBackup SaaS Protection Privacy Notice
- Veritas NetBackup Self-Service
- Veritas Quick Assist (VQA) Privacy Notice
- Veritas Quick Assist Viewer Privacy Notice
- Veritas Resiliency Platform Privacy Notice
- Veritas SaaS Backup Privacy Notice
- Veritas Sales Professional Network App Privacy Notice
- Veritas Usage Insights Privacy Notice
- Veritas System Recovery Privacy Notice
- Veritas Velocity Privacy Notice
If you have questions or concerns about your privacy you can contact our Global Privacy Officer in any of the following ways:
Veritas Storage (Ireland) Limited: care of Privacy Team 1320
Arlington Business Park,
Theale, Reading, Berks, RG7 4SA
|Call:||+44-118-918-8800 or +44-0800-2799-810|
Please click here for Veritas complete Website and Events Privacy Statement: Veritas Website and Events Privacy Statement
Online & Events Privacy Statement
Our websites allow you to interact with us in different ways, such as managing your account, registering for and attending our events, and enabling you to learn about our products and services.
To manage the different aspects of our relationship with you we may collect:
- Your contact details including name, mailing address, email address and phone number;
- Shipping, billing and payment details
- Information necessary to deliver customer service or technical support;
- Device information, browser type and settings, IP address and traffic data relating to your Internet connection;
- Veritas product performance data and information about how you use our products and services on our websites; and
- Website analytics data created by your use of our websites.
Collectively we call the data you provide during your interactions with us as “Your Information”.
We may use Your Information to:
- Manage your MyVeritas account, your transaction history, entitlement to products, services, and events;
- Provide you upon request with commercial quotes for our products and services;
- Manage your purchase transactions and provide you with customer and technical support;
- Send you product information, technical alerts, updates, promotions or offers applicable to our business;
- Manage your participation in events that you have registered for with us or those organized by third parties on our behalf and capture your interests in related products, services and events;
- Analyze and improve the quality of our websites, products and services;
- Enable interoperability within our applications; and
- Enforce our legal rights or comply with legal requirements.
Based on Your Information and communication preferences we may send you marketing information about Veritas products, services and events, including serving you related advertisements from our trusted third parties. Where we provide you with interest-based advertisements on a site other than our own, we do not track your other activities on that site. If you click on our advertisements, we will know only the domain you came from.
You can manage your communication preferences on the webpages and forms on which we collect Your Information and through your MyVeritas account. You can opt-out of our marketing emails by clicking the unsubscribe link within the message body or by going to our Email Preference Page. You can also contact us using the details in the Contact Us section below.
Information From Third Parties
As part of lead generation we may also use legally acquired data sets from third parties, distributors, channel partners, event organizers and agencies. We may combine this with Your Information to improve the quality of our offerings to you and your overall experience with us.
Veritas Website Forums
We operate online forums on our websites to assist you in using our products, services and events and to allow you to discuss technical issues and share your experiences. Any information that you provide in these public forums is not confidential and may be read, collected and used by other Forum users. To request removal of Your Information from a forum, contact us using the details in the Contact Us section below.
Privacy laws oblige us to explain the legal basis for collecting and processing Your Information. Depending upon the specific context in which we collect it, our legal basis for processing will be one or more of the following:
- For the necessity of performing a contract with you;
- Where we have your consent; or
- Where the processing is in our legitimate interests.
If you have questions about the legal basis on which we collect and use Your Information, please contact us using the details provided in the Contact Us section below.
We are a global company and may store and process Your Information in any country where we have facilities or in which we engage service providers to deliver our products, services and events.
Transfers of Your Information outside of the original country of origin will only occur when we are satisfied that the transfer destination provides an adequate level of protection for personal information and/or appropriate safeguards are in place to protect it. Transfers outside of the European Economic Area ("EEA") are subject to the use of Standard Contractual Clauses or another lawful transfer mechanism approved by the European Commission such as a data adequacy finding.
You can ask for further information about transfers of Your Information using the details in the Contact Us section below.
We do not sell, rent, lease, release, disclose, disseminate or otherwise make available to another business or third party, Your Information, for purposes other than those needed to provide our products and services and in accordance with the “How We Use Your Information” Section above. We share Your Information as follows:
We may provide Your Information to our certified partners – those authorized to promote and sell our products and services - for the sole purpose of allowing them to conduct Veritas business. Subject to legal requirements, these partners may use Your Information to communicate with you about Veritas products or services that they believe are of interest to you or your business.
If you do not wish to receive promotional emails from our partners, you can unsubscribe directly in the footer of the partner’s email to you or via the Contact Us section below.
Service Providers Processing Data On Our Behalf
We may use contractors and service providers to process Your Information on our behalf for the purposes described in this Privacy Statement. These recipients include outsourced IT services, marketing agencies, temporary staff, analytics providers, and outsourced order processing.
We contractually enforce that contractors and service providers keep information secure and confidential. We do not allow them to share or use Your Information without our prior authorization. Where you have an independent relationship with these service providers their privacy statements will apply.
Events, Sponsors & Partners
If you attend an event or webinar organized by us, or download or access any material on our website, we may share Your Information with the sponsors and partners of that event where you have provided consent for us to do so. You can opt-out in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
Where you provide your details at an event for example by allowing your attendee badge to be scanned at a sponsor booth, your information will be subject to that particular event privacy statement. If you do not wish for your information to be shared, you may choose to not opt-in via event/webinar registration or not provide your Information at the event.
In certain instances, and under applicable law, it may be necessary for us to disclose Your Information to government officials or other third parties in response to the following:
- A subpoena, warrant or other process issued by a court of competent jurisdiction;
- A legal process having the same consequence as a court-issued request for information, in that if we were to refuse to provide such information, it would be in breach of local law, and it or its officers, executives or employees would be subject to liability for failing to honor such legal process;
- Where such disclosure is necessary for us to enforce our legal rights pursuant to the laws of the jurisdiction from which such information was gathered, or where we reasonably consider that this is necessary for it to protect our legal rights or to allow a third party to do so;
- A request for information with the purpose of identifying and/or preventing financial fraud; or
- Where such disclosure is necessary to prevent or lessen a serious and imminent threat of bodily harm to an individual.
Transfer Among Veritas Entities
We are a global company headquartered in the United States. To enable us to conduct our business Your Information may be transferred to our subsidiaries and third parties in Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. All transfers will occur in compliance with the data transfer requirements of applicable laws and regulations and in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
In the course of operating our business, we may choose to buy or sell certain assets. As a result of these transactions, customer information is usually one of the business assets that is transferred. Conversely if we were acquired or a substantial portion of our assets were sold, or if we were to go out of business, enter bankruptcy proceedings or experience some other change in control, Your Information may be part of the assets which are acquired by or transferred to a third party. If appropriate we may take reasonable steps to notify you of any such deal and outline your choices in that situation.
We may need to share Your Information where it is necessary to obtain advice on legal, financial or other regulatory matters.
Your Information may be stored on servers anywhere Veritas or our vendors operate. Your Information will be held for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which we collect it, including for the provision of service, billing and administration, and to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements after which it will be deleted or anonymized for statistical purposes.
We use appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect Your Information from misuse, unauthorized, accidental or unlawful access or disclosure, loss, alteration, damage or destruction. These measures include but are not limited to, organizational, physical and technological safeguards such as processing data within secure facilities, utilizing end point protection and encryption tools whilst ensuring our employees undergo mandatory privacy and security training.
Links to Other Websites
Our websites may contain links to other websites, which are owned or operated by other companies. We are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of websites that are owned by companies that are not within the Veritas group of companies and we encourage you to review their privacy statements accordingly.
Our websites may also link to co-branded websites that are maintained by Veritas and one or more of our business partners. To understand how Your Information is used by these sites please refer to the applicable privacy statement.
Our site is not directed to, nor do we knowingly collect information from, children under the age of 13.
Accessing, Deleting, Updating or Correcting Your Information
You can manage Your Information via your MyVeritas account and can ask us for a copy of Your Information, and/or request us to correct it, erase it or to transfer it to other organizations. You have the right to object to processing such as automated decision making and profiling. Where we have asked for your consent to process Your Information, you may withdraw this consent at any time.
Where we process Your Information because we have a legitimate interest in doing so you have the right to object to this. You may also have the right to restrict processing of Your Information. These rights may be limited in some situations – for example, where we can demonstrate that we have a legal requirement to process Your Information. To exercise your data rights, please contact us using the details in the Contact Us Section below. We will not discriminate against you for exercising your data rights.
If you have questions, concerns or wish to make a complaint about how we have handled Your Information you can contact our Global Privacy Officer in any of the following ways:
Veritas Storage (Ireland) Limited
Legal Team UK&I
1320 Arlington Business Park, Theale, Reading, Berks, RG7 4SA
In the event that you are unhappy with our response or believe that we are not processing Your Information in line with our obligations, you have the right to complain to the data-protection regulator in the country where you live or work. For this UK this will be the UK Information Commissioner’s Office. Please note that for the purpose of the EU GDPR that our European main establishment is in Ireland under the jurisdiction of the Irish Data Protection Commission.
Updates to Our Privacy Statement
From time to time, we may update our Privacy Statement and will change the date at the top of this policy to reflect this. If these changes are significant then we will contact you using Your Information to inform you in a timely manner.
Please click here for Veritas complete Website and Events Privacy Statement: Veritas Website and Events Privacy Statement
Cookies & Do-Not-Track
A cookie is a commonly used automated data collection tool. Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer or device by websites that you visit or HTML-formatted emails you open, in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently.
- Tailor information presented to you based on your browsing preferences, such as language and geographical region;
- Collect statistics regarding your website usage;
- Provide us with business and marketing information; and
- In some cases, to enable a third party to deliver future advertising for our products and services to you when you visit certain websites owned by third parties.
We use different kinds of cookies:
- Essential cookies are necessary to provide you with certain services and features available through our websites. Without these cookies, services you may need, such as shopping carts or e- billing, cannot be provided.
- Analytics or customization cookies collect information that is either used in aggregate form to help us understand how our website is being used or how effective our marketing campaigns are. They also help us customize the website for you.
- Advertising cookies and tracking scripts are used to make advertising messages more relevant to you. They perform functions like preventing the same ad from continuously reappearing, ensuring that advertisements are properly delivered and, in some cases, featuring advertisements based on your interests.
If you do not wish to receive cookies you may be able to configure your browser or device settings to reject cookies. If you do so, we may be unable to offer you some of our functionalities, services or support. If you have previously visited our websites, you may also have to delete any existing cookies from your browser.
There are different ways you can prevent tracking of your online activity. One of them is setting a preference in your browser that alerts websites you visit that you do not want them to collect certain information about you.
Third Party Data Collection
This may include cookies placed by third parties that deliver tailored information and content which may be of interest to you, such as promotions or offerings, when you visit third party websites after you have left our websites.
Social Media Features and Widgets
Our websites may include social media features, such as Facebook’s “Like” button, and widgets, such as the “Share This” button, or interactive mini-programs that run on our site. These features are usually recognizable by their third-party brand or logo and may collect your IP address, which page you are visiting on our site, and set a cookie to enable the feature to work properly. Social media features and widgets are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on our site. Your interactions with these features are governed by the Privacy Statement of the company providing it.
GDPR Compliant Terms and Conditions
Annexes to our GDPR Terms and Conditions for customers and Customer Data Transfer Agreement
Veritas Controller to Controller Terms