NetBackup Cloud Data Protection
Unified enterprise data protection for a multi-cloud world.
Enterprise cloud data protection
Simple, reliable, unified
Whether you're deploying a new application in the cloud or simply use it as another storage tier for data, NetBackup delivers reliable protection via the same backup console and using the same policies as your other servers. The result: greater controls and visibility than ever before.
- Seamlessly scale NetBackup to the cloud and choose from a range of NetBackup fully tested and certified integrated cloud connectors, including AWS S3, Microsoft® Azure, Microsoft Exchange Office365, Google Cloud Platform Storage, Oracle Cloud Platform, Oracle Database Server, Box, IBM Bluemix, Hitachi, and SwiftStack.
- Fast end-to-end deduplication performance with NetBackup CloudCatalyst to reduce time, cost and network bandwidth for cloud storage
- Bypass expensive disaster recovery build-outs with NetBackup servers in the cloud and resume on-site operations quickly and inexpensively
- Leverage Veritas Information Map to get a clear line of sight into the data in your environment on premise and in the cloud
Drive down costs
Match backup policies and storage choices to the data you protect
- Automatically move backup data through different storage tiers, including cost-effective cloud storage, as it ages
- Use deduplication and compression where it makes sense to improve bandwidth and storage use
- Embrace unified data protection to make backup simple again, something point products can’t achieve
Deliver enterprise-level protection for all data, wherever it resides
- Confidently integrate cloud storage securely from a growing list of cloud service providers for your backups
- Give IT staff and business users an easy-to-use self-service portal for common backup and recovery tasks
- Ensure productivity remains high with timely access to data
Gain complete visibility and control over all your backups
- Use a single backup console to manage and govern across all cloud, virtual, and bare-metal servers
- Enforce centralized policies and processes that meet your organization’s unique requirements
- Tie real-time data insights to immediate action using Information Map
New in NetBackup 8.1: Multi-Cloud Data Protection
Fast, Cost-Effective, Multi-Cloud Backup for Confidence and Choice
With more cloud storage integration choices available, NetBackup 8.1 makes moving your backups to the cloud simple with one-click cloud storage integration. Get unified cloud data protection with end-to-end deduplication and certified cloud connectors for virtually any cloud provider at lower cost and less risk, no matter where the data resides.
- Seamless deduplication and cataloging of data between data center and multi-clouds
- Expanded ecosystem of fully tested and certified partners supported by OST framework
- Encrypted keys for control of data in the cloud
- Faster management and granular control for virtual environments
- Leverage and build on existing technology investment
Seamlessly integrate cloud storage
Move beyond all on-premises, disk-based backups
Now you can easily move archived and infrequently accessed data offsite to cost-effective cloud storage for disaster recovery and keep critical data on site on performance-optimized storage close to your production applications, for immediate recovery. Plus, you can do so while maintaining complete visibility and control, so you can strike the right balance between your recovery and compliance requirements and cost.
- Orchestrate when and how you move data to the cloud with automated backup lifecycle policies, without losing visibility
- Shrink backup storage requirements and cut network use with intelligent deduplication and built-in compression
- Be confident of complete data security with data encrypted in transit and at rest
- Remove cloud adoption barriers for data protection thanks to easy integration with a growing list of cloud service providers
Reliably protect data wherever it resides
Extend enterprise data protection to cloud-based workloads
Data and applications are everywhere – on servers in your data centers, in remote and branch offices, and in the cloud. This distributed environment introduces new risks to your data and requires you to rethink the way you protect and recover it. Placing NetBackup in the cloud is not only a smart way to extend proven, enterprise-level data protection to your cloud-based workloads, but it also drastically simplifies your on-premises data protection requirements.
- Orchestrate, manage, and govern data protection across all cloud, virtual and bare-metal servers via one backup console
- Strengthen data protection governance and reduce risk with centralized, policy-based controls
- Get predictable performance to the cloud and simplify on-premises data protection with powerful NetBackup Appliances
- Enable fast end-to-end dedupe to the Cloud with NetBackup CloudCatalyst
Turn the cloud into a disaster recovery destination
Easily restart operations in the cloud
Your organization’s applications and data are only meaningful when they’re actually available for use. Replicating your server images and data to cloud storage can quickly turn your NetBackup cloud deployment into an inexpensive, on-demand disaster recovery destination, so you’re ready to resume on-site operations in the cloud quickly.
- Replicate backups of server images and data to any VMware-based cloud with built-in Auto-Image Replication and be ready for fast recovery
- Recover a bare-metal server on a virtual instance in the cloud with physical-to-virtual conversion capability
- Ensure disaster recovery readiness without dedicated hardware using simple, on-demand rehearsal of NetBackup restores and server recovery