NetBackup™ Web UI RHV Administrator's Guide
- Introducing the NetBackup web user interface
- Managing RHV servers
- Configuring secure communication between the Red Hat Virtualization server and NetBackup host
- Add or browse an RHV manager
- Protecting RHV virtual machines
- Recovering RHV virtual machines
- Troubleshooting RHV VM protection and recovery
- API and command line options for RHV
- Using APIs and command line options to manage, protect, or recover RHV virtual machines
- Additional NetBackup options for RHV configuration
RHV_AUTODISCOVERY_INTERVAL option for NetBackup servers
This option controls how often NetBackup scans the RHV servers to discover virtual machines to display in the NetBackup web UI.
NetBackup attempts autodiscovery first with the same host for which the last discovery attempt was successful. If autodiscovery fails with that host, NetBackup tries again with other hosts in the following order:
The NetBackup master server
The access host, client, or proxy server
The media server
Table: RHV_AUTODISCOVERY_INTERVAL information
Where to use
On NetBackup master servers.
How to use
Use the nbgetconfig and the nbsetconfig commands to view, add, or change the option.
The default is 28,800 seconds (8 hours). The minimum value is 300 seconds (5 minutes) and the maximum is 31,536,000 seconds (1 year).
Use the following format:
RHV_AUTODISCOVERY_INTERVAL = number of seconds
RHV_AUTODISCOVERY_INTERVAL = 100000
This entry should appear only once in the configuration file.
After changing this option, stop and restart the NetBackup services. For VM discovery, the
Equivalent Administration Console property
No equivalent exists in the NetBackup Administration Console or web UI.