NetBackup™ Web UI RHV Administrator's Guide
- Introducing the NetBackup web user interface
- Managing RHV servers
- Configuring secure communication between the Red Hat Virtualization server and NetBackup host
- Add or browse an RHV manager
- Protecting RHV virtual machines
- Recovering RHV virtual machines
- Troubleshooting RHV VM protection and recovery
- API and command line options for RHV
- Using APIs and command line options to manage, protect, or recover RHV virtual machines
- Additional NetBackup options for RHV configuration
Protect RHV VMs or intelligent VM groups
Use the following procedure to subscribe an asset (RHV VMs or intelligent VM groups) to a protection plan. When you subscribe an asset to a protection plan, you assign predefined backup settings to the asset.
Note the following requirements:
You must have access to the RHV VMs by means of the appropriate role-based access control (RBAC) that the NetBackup security administrator assigned to you.
You must have access to the protection plans that the backup administrator has granted you access to (by means of RBAC).
The appropriate services on the master server must be running and the web UI must be accessible.
For assistance, contact the backup administrator.
To protect RHV VMs or VM groups
- On the left, click RHV.
- On the Virtual machines tab or Intelligent VM groups tab, click the box for the VM or the VM group and click Add protection.
For Workload administrators, RBAC permissions determine which protection plans are listed. For a description of the available protection plan options, see the NetBackup Web UI Backup Administrator's Guide.
- For the Subscribe to a protection plan method:
Click on a protection plan and review its details on the right.
To subscribe the VM or the VM group to the selected plan, click Protect.
- For the Custom protection method:
Select a protection plan to use as the template and click Next.
Edit the required options and then click Protect.
Any future changes to the base protection plan that is selected as a template are not reflected in this custom protection plan.
- The results of your choices appear under Virtual machines or Intelligent VM groups.