NetBackup™ Web UI RHV Administrator's Guide
- Introducing the NetBackup web user interface
- Managing RHV servers
- Configuring secure communication between the Red Hat Virtualization server and NetBackup host
- Add or browse an RHV manager
- Protecting RHV virtual machines
- Recovering RHV virtual machines
- Troubleshooting RHV VM protection and recovery
- API and command line options for RHV
- Using APIs and command line options to manage, protect, or recover RHV virtual machines
- Additional NetBackup options for RHV configuration
Error run into while restoring RHV virtual machines
The following table describes the problem that might occur when you restore an RHV virtual machine.
Table: Error run into while restoring RHV virtual machines
Error message or cause
Explanation and recommended action
VM recovery to alternate location fails on a Windows master server.
For a Windows NetBackup master server, ensure that the rename file ends with an empty line.
Unable to change thewhile modifying the recovery destination.
If you are unable to see the list of the RHV managers, you might not have access to the RHV manager(s) under theobject group property in RBAC.
Contact the NetBackup security administrator to resolve this issue.
Pre-recovery check runs successfully when a VM with the same UUID exists in the RHV cluster and the option to overwrite the VM is not enabled, but the VM restore fails.
The following error message is seen:
Info bpVMutil (pid=1196) FTL - Virtual machine exists and overwrite option not specified, can not proceed with restore. end Restore; elapsed time Hypervisor policy restore error. (2822)
Pre-recovery check compares the VM display name instead of UUID to find out if VM already exists, hence the check completes successfully. But if the overwrite option is not set, the restore job fails if a VM with the same UUID already exists.
Restore the VM with a new UUID
Overwrite the existing VM that has the same UUID