NetBackup™ Web UI RHV Administrator's Guide
- Introducing the NetBackup web user interface
- Managing RHV servers
- Configuring secure communication between the Red Hat Virtualization server and NetBackup host
- Add or browse an RHV manager
- Protecting RHV virtual machines
- Recovering RHV virtual machines
- Troubleshooting RHV VM protection and recovery
- API and command line options for RHV
- Using APIs and command line options to manage, protect, or recover RHV virtual machines
- Additional NetBackup options for RHV configuration
Add or browse an RHV manager
You can add and browse RHV managers and their credentials.
This procedure requires the backup administrator role.
To add RHV managers and their credentials
- On the left, click RHV then click the RHV managers tab.
- Click + Add to add an RHV manager and enter the following:
RHV manager name
Select a backup host using the Backup host for validation
Port number (optional)
- Click Save.
- To add another RHV Manager credentials, click Add.
You can run the following inline actions on an RHV manager:
Discover: Manually discovers the VM assets that belong to the selected RHV manager.
Edit: Modify the RHV manager credentials.
Delete: Removes the RHV manager.
You can select one or more RHV managers and run the following bulk actions:
Validate credentials: Validates the credentials of the RHV manager.
Delete: Removes the RHV managers.
You can browse the RHV managers and clusters to locate VMs and view their details such as their protection plans and recovery points.
To browse RHV managers
- On the left, click RHV.
- Click RHV managers to begin searching.
The list includes the RHV managers and clusters that you have access to.
The tab shows the RHV managers and clusters that you can access in the following hierarchy:
All RHV_Managers RHV_Manager1 Cluster1 Cluster2 RHV_Manager2 Cluster3 Cluster4
To locate a server, you can enter a string in the search field.
- Click on an RHV manager to view details.
You can navigate back to a higher level by clicking the up-arrow.
- Click on a VM to view its protection status, recovery points, and restore activity.
- Click Add protection to subscribe the VM to a plan.