NetBackup™ Web UI RHV Administrator's Guide
- Introducing the NetBackup web user interface
- Managing RHV servers
- Configuring secure communication between the Red Hat Virtualization server and NetBackup host
- Add or browse an RHV manager
- Protecting RHV virtual machines
- Recovering RHV virtual machines
- Troubleshooting RHV VM protection and recovery
- API and command line options for RHV
- Using APIs and command line options to manage, protect, or recover RHV virtual machines
- Additional NetBackup options for RHV configuration
Error run into during the RHV virtual machines discovery phase
The following table describes the problem that might occur when you try to discover RHV virtual machines.
Table: Error run into during the RHV virtual machines discovery phase
Error message or cause
Explanation and recommended action
The RHV assets are not discovered after the correct RHV manager credentials are added. The VM discovery operation fails.
The maximum allowed length of the RHV manager name is 255 characters, however, if the characters exceed 95, the asset discovery fails.
The discovery job fails with error 200. (Scheduler found no backups or clients to deploy NetBackup)
Ensure that the query specified in the policy or intelligent VM group is correct. The VMs that need protection are added recently to RHV manager or the VM configuration has changed and the autodiscovery or discover now was not triggered.