NetBackup™ Web UI RHV Administrator's Guide
- Introducing the NetBackup web user interface
- Managing RHV servers
- Configuring secure communication between the Red Hat Virtualization server and NetBackup host
- Add or browse an RHV manager
- Protecting RHV virtual machines
- Recovering RHV virtual machines
- Troubleshooting RHV VM protection and recovery
- API and command line options for RHV
- Using APIs and command line options to manage, protect, or recover RHV virtual machines
- Additional NetBackup options for RHV configuration
Error run into while backing up RHV virtual machines
The following table describes the problem that might occur when you back up RHV virtual machines:
Table: Error while backing up RHV virtual machines
Error message or cause
Explanation and recommended action
After a NetBackup backup operation, the VM snapshot on the RHV manager is not deleted.
If a disk attached to the VM is in an inactive state, then the RHV manager does not delete the VM snapshot after a backup operation is complete.
VM backup fails with the following error:
"The virtual machine has no disks or contains only Raw Device Mappings for disks: Status 25"
This temporary error might occur when the VM snapshot is not available for the backup operation. The backup job is successful on the second attempt.
Unable to remove the older snapshots from the RHV manager when the disk is in a locked state.
The following error is displayed:
A NetBackup snapshot of the virtual machine exist.
Accelerator option does not work.
When a backup policy is created using APIs and the use Accelerator option is set to true, the policy gets created but Accelerator feature does not work.
NetBackup Accelerator is not supported for RHV in NetBackup 8.2.