Veritas NetBackup™ for Microsoft SharePoint Server Administrator's Guide
- Introducing NetBackup for SharePoint Server
- Installing NetBackup for SharePoint Server
- Installing and configuring NFS for SharePoint Granular Recovery
- About configuring Services for Network File System (NFS) on Windows 2012, 2012 R2, or 2016
- About configuring Services for Network File System (NFS) on Windows 2008 and 2008 R2
- Configuring NetBackup for SharePoint Server
- Configuring a SharePoint backup that uses Granular Recovery Technology (GRT)
- Configuring SharePoint client host properties
- Configuring NetBackup for SharePoint backup policies
- About configuring a backup policy for SharePoint
- Adding schedules to a NetBackup for SharePoint policy
- Creating a backup selections list for a SharePoint Server policy
- Performing backups and restores of SharePoint Server and SharePoint Foundation
- About user-directed backups of SharePoint Server and SharePoint Foundation
- About restores of SharePoint Server and SharePoint Foundation
- Protecting SharePoint Server data with VMware backups
- About protecting SharePoint Server data with VMware backups
- About configuring a VMware backup that protects SharePoint Server
- Disaster recovery
- About NetBackup for SharePoint debug logging
- About NetBackup status reports
About configuring a VMware backup that protects SharePoint Server
To successfully perform VMware backups and restores of SharePoint Server, complete the following steps.
Table: Configuring a VMware backup that protects SharePoint Server
Configure your VMware environment and NetBackup.
Install the NetBackup client software on the virtual machines that are part of a SharePoint farm.
Install the Veritas VSS provider.
Configure the NetBackup Client Service.
Configure the NetBackup Legacy Network Service and optionally the NetBackup Legacy
Configure the local security privileges.
On the NetBackup server, configure the mappings for distributed application restores.
Map the application hosts and component hosts in your environment. Configure these mappings in thehost property on the master server.
On the NetBackup server, review the auto-discovered mappings for the hosts in your environment.
In certain scenarios, a NetBackup host has additional host names or shares a particular name with other hosts. Approve each validthat NetBackup discovers in your environment. Perform this configuration in the properties on the master server.
Review the requirements granular restores.
For Federated SharePoint configurations, configure the granular proxy on the master server.
Configure the host properties for each SharePoint client.
Create a VMware backup policy.
Test your configuration settings.