Veritas NetBackup™ for Microsoft SharePoint Server Administrator's Guide
- Introducing NetBackup for SharePoint Server
- Installing NetBackup for SharePoint Server
- Installing and configuring NFS for SharePoint Granular Recovery
- About configuring Services for Network File System (NFS) on Windows 2012, 2012 R2, or 2016
- About configuring Services for Network File System (NFS) on Windows 2008 and 2008 R2
- Configuring NetBackup for SharePoint Server
- Configuring a SharePoint backup that uses Granular Recovery Technology (GRT)
- Configuring SharePoint client host properties
- Configuring NetBackup for SharePoint backup policies
- About configuring a backup policy for SharePoint
- Adding schedules to a NetBackup for SharePoint policy
- Creating a backup selections list for a SharePoint Server policy
- Performing backups and restores of SharePoint Server and SharePoint Foundation
- About user-directed backups of SharePoint Server and SharePoint Foundation
- About restores of SharePoint Server and SharePoint Foundation
- Protecting SharePoint Server data with VMware backups
- About protecting SharePoint Server data with VMware backups
- About configuring a VMware backup that protects SharePoint Server
- Disaster recovery
- About NetBackup for SharePoint debug logging
- About NetBackup status reports
Specifying the account that logs on to the SharePoint application server
To perform backups and restores, NetBackup must know the user name and password of the account for the SharePoint administrator. NetBackup also requires this information so you can browse for SharePoint objects when you create a backup policy. NetBackup validates the user name and password you provide.
This account must meet the following requirements:
Have the following rights on the servers where the SharePoint components are installed: Local administrative privileges and site collection administration rights.
SharePoint farm administrator account.
The front-end server must have registry access to the back-end database servers.
Have certain local security privileges on the servers which have the content of the SharePoint farm.
Internet Information Services (IIS) rights can affect database backups and restores. Ensure that the logon account that is used for backups and restores has rights to access the IIS sites. Integrated Windows Security should be enabled within the IIS rights.
To specify the logon account for the SharePoint application server
- Open the NetBackup Administration Console.
- Expand NetBackup Management > Host Properties > Clients.
- In the right pane, right-click on the client and click Properties.
- In the left pane, expand Windows Client and click SharePoint.
- In the Domain\User box and the Password box, specify the user ID and password of the SharePoint Application Server.
- Click OK to save your changes.
- Repeat this configuration for all servers in the SharePoint farm.
- Configure the local security privileges for the SharePoint Servers.