Veritas NetBackup™ for Microsoft SharePoint Server Administrator's Guide
- Introducing NetBackup for SharePoint Server
- Installing NetBackup for SharePoint Server
- Installing and configuring NFS for SharePoint Granular Recovery
- About configuring Services for Network File System (NFS) on Windows 2012, 2012 R2, or 2016
- About configuring Services for Network File System (NFS) on Windows 2008 and 2008 R2
- Configuring NetBackup for SharePoint Server
- Configuring a SharePoint backup that uses Granular Recovery Technology (GRT)
- Configuring SharePoint client host properties
- Configuring NetBackup for SharePoint backup policies
- About configuring a backup policy for SharePoint
- Adding schedules to a NetBackup for SharePoint policy
- Creating a backup selections list for a SharePoint Server policy
- Performing backups and restores of SharePoint Server and SharePoint Foundation
- About user-directed backups of SharePoint Server and SharePoint Foundation
- About restores of SharePoint Server and SharePoint Foundation
- Protecting SharePoint Server data with VMware backups
- About protecting SharePoint Server data with VMware backups
- About configuring a VMware backup that protects SharePoint Server
- Disaster recovery
- About NetBackup for SharePoint debug logging
- About NetBackup status reports
About configuring NetBackup for SharePoint
To successfully perform backups and restores of SharePoint Server, complete the following steps. For additional information on how to configure NetBackup in preparation of VMware backups that protect SharePoint, refer to the following topics.
Table: Configuring NetBackup for SharePoint
Review the information for configuring the backup and the restore operations that use Granular Recovery Technology (GRT).
GRT lets you restore individual documents, etc., from a database backup. GRT is an option limited to certain versions of SharePoint Server and Windows Server. GRT is included in VMware backups that protect SharePoint.
Configure the NetBackup Client Service.
Required if you want to restore individual items with GRT.
Configure the NetBackup Legacy Network Service and (optionally) the NetBackup Legacy Client Service.
Configure the host properties for SharePoint clients.
Configure the mappings for distributed application restores.
Map the application hosts and component hosts in your environment. Configure these mappings in thehost property on the master server.
On the NetBackup server, review the auto-discovered mappings for the hosts in your environment.
Approve each validthat NetBackup discovers in your environment. Perform this configuration in the properties on the master server.
Select the backup and the recovery strategies that fit your environment.
Test your configuration settings.