Veritas NetBackup™ for Microsoft SharePoint Server Administrator's Guide
- Introducing NetBackup for SharePoint Server
- Installing NetBackup for SharePoint Server
- Installing and configuring NFS for SharePoint Granular Recovery
- About configuring Services for Network File System (NFS) on Windows 2012, 2012 R2, or 2016
- About configuring Services for Network File System (NFS) on Windows 2008 and 2008 R2
- Configuring NetBackup for SharePoint Server
- Configuring a SharePoint backup that uses Granular Recovery Technology (GRT)
- Configuring SharePoint client host properties
- Configuring NetBackup for SharePoint backup policies
- About configuring a backup policy for SharePoint
- Adding schedules to a NetBackup for SharePoint policy
- Creating a backup selections list for a SharePoint Server policy
- Performing backups and restores of SharePoint Server and SharePoint Foundation
- About user-directed backups of SharePoint Server and SharePoint Foundation
- About restores of SharePoint Server and SharePoint Foundation
- Protecting SharePoint Server data with VMware backups
- About protecting SharePoint Server data with VMware backups
- About configuring a VMware backup that protects SharePoint Server
- Disaster recovery
- About NetBackup for SharePoint debug logging
- About NetBackup status reports
Adding clients to a policy
The clients list contains a list of the clients that are backed up during an automatic backup. A NetBackup client must be in at least one policy but can be in more than one.
The NetBackup client software must be installed on each of the following: the front-end web server, the SQL Server database host, and the Index Files or the Index database host. The client software does not need to be installed on the Search or the Job servers. If the SQL Server is clustered,
To add clients to a NetBackup for SharePoint policy
- Open the policy you want to edit or create a new policy.
To access the Policy dialog box, double-click the policy name in the Policies list in the NetBackup Administration Console.
- Click the Clients tab.
- Click New.
- Type the name of the client and select the hardware and operating system of the client.
Alternatively, you can also click the browse icon to browse for the clients available in the network
Only add the client that is the front-end web server and that runs the Central Administration Service to the policy list.
You must perform additional configuration if the SQL back-end servers are clustered and you installed NetBackup on more than one node in the cluster.
- Select the Detect client operating system check box to automatically detect the client computer's operating system and hardware.
- Choose one of the following:
To add another client, click Add.
If this client is the last client you want to add, click OK.
- In the Policy dialog box, click OK.