Veritas NetBackup™ for Microsoft SharePoint Server Administrator's Guide
- Introducing NetBackup for SharePoint Server
- Installing NetBackup for SharePoint Server
- Installing and configuring NFS for SharePoint Granular Recovery
- About configuring Services for Network File System (NFS) on Windows 2012, 2012 R2, or 2016
- About configuring Services for Network File System (NFS) on Windows 2008 and 2008 R2
- Configuring NetBackup for SharePoint Server
- Configuring a SharePoint backup that uses Granular Recovery Technology (GRT)
- Configuring SharePoint client host properties
- Configuring NetBackup for SharePoint backup policies
- About configuring a backup policy for SharePoint
- Adding schedules to a NetBackup for SharePoint policy
- Creating a backup selections list for a SharePoint Server policy
- Performing backups and restores of SharePoint Server and SharePoint Foundation
- About user-directed backups of SharePoint Server and SharePoint Foundation
- About restores of SharePoint Server and SharePoint Foundation
- Protecting SharePoint Server data with VMware backups
- About protecting SharePoint Server data with VMware backups
- About configuring a VMware backup that protects SharePoint Server
- Disaster recovery
- About NetBackup for SharePoint debug logging
- About NetBackup status reports
Adding a new NetBackup for SharePoint policy
This topic describes how to add a new backup policy for a database.
- Log on to the master server as administrator (Windows) or root (UNIX).
- Start the NetBackup Administration Console.
- If your site has more than one master server, choose the one on which you want to add the policy.
- In the NetBackup Administration Console, select NetBackup Management > Policies. Then select Actions > New > Policy.
- In the Add a New Policy dialog box, in the Policy name box, type a unique name for the new policy.
- Click OK.
- In the Add New Policy dialog box, in the Policy type list, select MS-SharePoint.
The MS-SharePoint policy type does not appear in the drop-down list unless your master server has a license for the database agent.
- (Optional) To enable restores of individual items from database backups, click Enable granular recovery.
- Complete the entries on the Attributes tab.
Add other policy information as follows:
Add database objects to the backup selections list.
- For backups that use Granular Recovery Technology (GRT), configure the list of SharePoint hosts.
- When you have added all the schedules, clients, and backup selections you need, click OK.