Veritas NetBackup™ for Microsoft SharePoint Server Administrator's Guide
- Introducing NetBackup for SharePoint Server
- Installing NetBackup for SharePoint Server
- Installing and configuring NFS for SharePoint Granular Recovery
- About configuring Services for Network File System (NFS) on Windows 2012, 2012 R2, or 2016
- About configuring Services for Network File System (NFS) on Windows 2008 and 2008 R2
- Configuring NetBackup for SharePoint Server
- Configuring a SharePoint backup that uses Granular Recovery Technology (GRT)
- Configuring SharePoint client host properties
- Configuring NetBackup for SharePoint backup policies
- About configuring a backup policy for SharePoint
- Adding schedules to a NetBackup for SharePoint policy
- Creating a backup selections list for a SharePoint Server policy
- Performing backups and restores of SharePoint Server and SharePoint Foundation
- About user-directed backups of SharePoint Server and SharePoint Foundation
- About restores of SharePoint Server and SharePoint Foundation
- Protecting SharePoint Server data with VMware backups
- About protecting SharePoint Server data with VMware backups
- About configuring a VMware backup that protects SharePoint Server
- Disaster recovery
- About NetBackup for SharePoint debug logging
- About NetBackup status reports
Redirecting the restore of a SharePoint Server Web application content database to an alternate SQL instance
You can redirect a SharePoint Web application content database to an alternate SQL instance to take advantage of SharePoint data recovery from an unattached content database. The target database must be a new database.
For information on how to redirect individual items to a file path, see the following topic:
To redirect the restore of a SharePoint Server database to an alternate SQL instance
- Open the Backup, Archive, and Restore interface.
- Click File > Select Files and Folders to Restore > from Normal Backup.
- Select the MS-SharePoint policy type.
- From the NetBackup History pane, select the full backup image that contains the objects you want to restore.
- In the All Folders pane, expand Microsoft SharePoint Resources.
When you select items to restore, do not check the checkbox for an item in the All folders pane. Only check the checkbox for an item in the Contents of pane.
- In the Contents of pane, select the Web application content database to redirect.
The following image shows a SharePoint 2010 restore.
- Click Actions > Restore.
- In the Restore Marked Files dialog box, click the Microsoft SharePoint tab.
- Click Redirect SharePoint Resources.
- Select Alternate SQL Instance.
- In the SQL Server\Instance box, type the name of the SQL server and the instance name to which you want to redirect the Web application content database.
- In the Target Database box, indicate the name of the target database.
For information on other restore options in this dialog box, see the following topic:
- Click Start Restore.