Veritas NetBackup™ for Microsoft SharePoint Server Administrator's Guide
- Introducing NetBackup for SharePoint Server
- Installing NetBackup for SharePoint Server
- Installing and configuring NFS for SharePoint Granular Recovery
- About configuring Services for Network File System (NFS) on Windows 2012, 2012 R2, or 2016
- About configuring Services for Network File System (NFS) on Windows 2008 and 2008 R2
- Configuring NetBackup for SharePoint Server
- Configuring a SharePoint backup that uses Granular Recovery Technology (GRT)
- Configuring SharePoint client host properties
- Configuring NetBackup for SharePoint backup policies
- About configuring a backup policy for SharePoint
- Adding schedules to a NetBackup for SharePoint policy
- Creating a backup selections list for a SharePoint Server policy
- Performing backups and restores of SharePoint Server and SharePoint Foundation
- About user-directed backups of SharePoint Server and SharePoint Foundation
- About restores of SharePoint Server and SharePoint Foundation
- Protecting SharePoint Server data with VMware backups
- About protecting SharePoint Server data with VMware backups
- About configuring a VMware backup that protects SharePoint Server
- Disaster recovery
- About NetBackup for SharePoint debug logging
- About NetBackup status reports
Performing SharePoint backups with multiple data streams
NetBackup lets you divide a backup so that each job backs up only a part of the backup selections list. To divide the backup into multiple jobs, insert the NEW_STREAM directive at a certain point or points in the backup selections list to define where each stream begins.
Backup jobs are divided as follows:
When you specify NEW_STREAM directives in your policy, NetBackup creates a new job for each NEW_STREAM directive in the policy.
If you use wildcard characters to define SharePoint objects in the backup selections list, those objects are backed up in the same stream.
When you back up multiple SharePoint databases, NetBackup groups the backup jobs by the selected server.
For more information on the multiple data streams feature, see the NetBackup Administrator's Guide, Volume I.