Veritas NetBackup™ for Microsoft SharePoint Server Administrator's Guide
- Introducing NetBackup for SharePoint Server
- Installing NetBackup for SharePoint Server
- Installing and configuring NFS for SharePoint Granular Recovery
- About configuring Services for Network File System (NFS) on Windows 2012, 2012 R2, or 2016
- About configuring Services for Network File System (NFS) on Windows 2008 and 2008 R2
- Configuring NetBackup for SharePoint Server
- Configuring a SharePoint backup that uses Granular Recovery Technology (GRT)
- Configuring SharePoint client host properties
- Configuring NetBackup for SharePoint backup policies
- About configuring a backup policy for SharePoint
- Adding schedules to a NetBackup for SharePoint policy
- Creating a backup selections list for a SharePoint Server policy
- Performing backups and restores of SharePoint Server and SharePoint Foundation
- About user-directed backups of SharePoint Server and SharePoint Foundation
- About restores of SharePoint Server and SharePoint Foundation
- Protecting SharePoint Server data with VMware backups
- About protecting SharePoint Server data with VMware backups
- About configuring a VMware backup that protects SharePoint Server
- Disaster recovery
- About NetBackup for SharePoint debug logging
- About NetBackup status reports
About NetBackup for SharePoint debug logging
The NetBackup master server and client software offers a comprehensive set of debug logs for troubleshooting problems that can occur during NetBackup operations. Debug logging is also available for SharePoint Server backup and restore operations.
See the following topics for information on how to create the logs and how to control the amount of information written to the logs.
After you determine the cause of the problem, disable debug logging by removing the previously created debug logging directories. Details are available on the contents of these debug logs.
See the NetBackup Logging Reference Guide.
Additional information about NetBackup client logs and NetBackup master server logs is available.
See the online help for the Backup, Archive, and Restore interface.
When debug logging is enabled, the files can become large. The same files are used by normal file backups.