Veritas NetBackup™ for Microsoft SharePoint Server Administrator's Guide
- Introducing NetBackup for SharePoint Server
- Installing NetBackup for SharePoint Server
- Installing and configuring NFS for SharePoint Granular Recovery
- About configuring Services for Network File System (NFS) on Windows 2012, 2012 R2, or 2016
- About configuring Services for Network File System (NFS) on Windows 2008 and 2008 R2
- Configuring NetBackup for SharePoint Server
- Configuring a SharePoint backup that uses Granular Recovery Technology (GRT)
- Configuring SharePoint client host properties
- Configuring NetBackup for SharePoint backup policies
- About configuring a backup policy for SharePoint
- Adding schedules to a NetBackup for SharePoint policy
- Creating a backup selections list for a SharePoint Server policy
- Performing backups and restores of SharePoint Server and SharePoint Foundation
- About user-directed backups of SharePoint Server and SharePoint Foundation
- About restores of SharePoint Server and SharePoint Foundation
- Protecting SharePoint Server data with VMware backups
- About protecting SharePoint Server data with VMware backups
- About configuring a VMware backup that protects SharePoint Server
- Disaster recovery
- About NetBackup for SharePoint debug logging
- About NetBackup status reports
Troubleshooting SharePoint jobs that use Granular Recovery Technology (GRT)
Note the following when you use NetBackup to perform backup or restore operations using Granular Recovery Technology:
Disable or uninstall QLogic SANSurfer software. It may conflict with the portmapper for Client for NFS.
Before you install NFS on the media server or client(s), look for the ONC/RPC Portmapper service. If it exists, stop it and disable it. Otherwise, the installation of NFS Services for Windows fails.
SharePoint GRT operations can fail for the VM backup images that use display names that contain parenthesis. For example, a GRT live browse restore from the Backup, Archive, and Restore (BAR) interface fails with the following error:
database system error
In the Local Security Settings, the Users group must have User Rights Assignment "Allow log on locally". By default, the Users group is included. If the Users group does not have this right, the following error occurs:
1385 -- Logon failure: the user has not been granted the requested logon type at this computer.
Backups of the SharePoint web applications that use Granular Recovery Technology (GRT) and that contain a larger number of content databases (100+) may timeout. In this situation, increase the default "Client read timeout" setting to 900 seconds.
NetBackup supports GRT restores of large documents for SharePoint with SQL Server using SQL Server Native Client 10.0 or later.
Technical Support may want
nbfsdlogs from the media server. Use the Verbose setting carefully as the
nbfsdlog can grow very large.