Veritas NetBackup™ for Microsoft SharePoint Server Administrator's Guide
- Introducing NetBackup for SharePoint Server
- Installing NetBackup for SharePoint Server
- Installing and configuring NFS for SharePoint Granular Recovery
- About configuring Services for Network File System (NFS) on Windows 2012, 2012 R2, or 2016
- About configuring Services for Network File System (NFS) on Windows 2008 and 2008 R2
- Configuring NetBackup for SharePoint Server
- Configuring a SharePoint backup that uses Granular Recovery Technology (GRT)
- Configuring SharePoint client host properties
- Configuring NetBackup for SharePoint backup policies
- About configuring a backup policy for SharePoint
- Adding schedules to a NetBackup for SharePoint policy
- Creating a backup selections list for a SharePoint Server policy
- Performing backups and restores of SharePoint Server and SharePoint Foundation
- About user-directed backups of SharePoint Server and SharePoint Foundation
- About restores of SharePoint Server and SharePoint Foundation
- Protecting SharePoint Server data with VMware backups
- About protecting SharePoint Server data with VMware backups
- About configuring a VMware backup that protects SharePoint Server
- Disaster recovery
- About NetBackup for SharePoint debug logging
- About NetBackup status reports
Redirecting individual SharePoint items to a file path (SharePoint 2010)
You can redirect individual SharePoint items to a file path. These items include the restore of SharePoint document sets, documents, and pictures. It also possible to restore individual items such as documents and pictures that were originally embedded in the lists objects.
Individual items can also be redirected to another SQL Instance. See the following topic:
To redirect individual SharePoint items to a file path
- Log on as Administrator.
- Open the Backup, Archive, and Restore interface.
- Choose File > Select Files and Folders to Restore > from Normal Backup.
- Select the MS-SharePoint policy type.
- From the NetBackup History pane, select the full backup image that contains the objects you want to restore. You cannot restore individual items from a backup that did not use Granular Recovery Technology.
- In the All Folders pane, expand Microsoft SharePoint Resources.
When you select items to restore, do not check the check box for an item in the All folders pane. Only check the check box for an item in the Contents of pane.
- In the Contents of pane, select the documents or pictures you want to redirect.
- Select Actions > Restore.
- In the Restore Marked Files dialog box, click the Microsoft SharePoint tab.
- Select Redirect SharePoint Resources.
- Select Individual SharePoint sites, documents, lists, or items.
- In the Restore to drive or UNC path box, enter the drive letter and path to which you want to direct the restore. Use the following format for a UNC path:
- For information on other restore options in this dialog box, see the following topic:
- Click Start Restore.