Veritas NetBackup™ for Microsoft SharePoint Server Administrator's Guide
- Introducing NetBackup for SharePoint Server
- Installing NetBackup for SharePoint Server
- Installing and configuring NFS for SharePoint Granular Recovery
- About configuring Services for Network File System (NFS) on Windows 2012, 2012 R2, or 2016
- About configuring Services for Network File System (NFS) on Windows 2008 and 2008 R2
- Configuring NetBackup for SharePoint Server
- Configuring a SharePoint backup that uses Granular Recovery Technology (GRT)
- Configuring SharePoint client host properties
- Configuring NetBackup for SharePoint backup policies
- About configuring a backup policy for SharePoint
- Adding schedules to a NetBackup for SharePoint policy
- Creating a backup selections list for a SharePoint Server policy
- Performing backups and restores of SharePoint Server and SharePoint Foundation
- About user-directed backups of SharePoint Server and SharePoint Foundation
- About restores of SharePoint Server and SharePoint Foundation
- Protecting SharePoint Server data with VMware backups
- About protecting SharePoint Server data with VMware backups
- About configuring a VMware backup that protects SharePoint Server
- Disaster recovery
- About NetBackup for SharePoint debug logging
- About NetBackup status reports
Setting the debug level on a NetBackup for SharePoint Windows client
To control the amount of information that is written to the debug logs, change the General, Verbose, and Database debug levels on the client(s). Typically, the default value of 0 is sufficient. However, technical support may ask you to set the value higher to analyze a problem.
The debug logs are located in
- Open the Backup, Archive, and Restore program
- Select File > NetBackup Client Properties.
- Click the Troubleshooting tab.
- Set the General debug level.
Set this level as high as 2.
- Set the Verbose debug level.
Set this level as high as 5.
- Click OK to save your changes.
To set the debug level for the processes that use unified logging on a NetBackup for SharePoint client
- Newer NetBackup processes such as ncfgre use unified logging (VxUL). To increase VxUL logging level, run the following:
install dir\NetBackup\bin\vxlogcfg -a -p 51216 -o OID -s DebugLevel=6 -s DiagnosticLevel=6
Replace the OID as follows:
ncfrai = 158
ncflbc = 351
ncfgre = 352
ncfnbcs = 366
SPSV2RecoveryAsst = 254
spsdkservice = 479
For a list of all OID values, see the NetBackup Logging Reference Guide.
- To reset the VxUL logging level default value, run the following command:
install dir\NetBackup\bin\vxlogcfg -a -p 51216 -o OID -s DebugLevel=1 -s DiagnosticLevel=1