Veritas NetBackup™ for Microsoft SharePoint Server Administrator's Guide
- Introducing NetBackup for SharePoint Server
- Installing NetBackup for SharePoint Server
- Installing and configuring NFS for SharePoint Granular Recovery
- About configuring Services for Network File System (NFS) on Windows 2012, 2012 R2, or 2016
- About configuring Services for Network File System (NFS) on Windows 2008 and 2008 R2
- Configuring NetBackup for SharePoint Server
- Configuring a SharePoint backup that uses Granular Recovery Technology (GRT)
- Configuring SharePoint client host properties
- Configuring NetBackup for SharePoint backup policies
- About configuring a backup policy for SharePoint
- Adding schedules to a NetBackup for SharePoint policy
- Creating a backup selections list for a SharePoint Server policy
- Performing backups and restores of SharePoint Server and SharePoint Foundation
- About user-directed backups of SharePoint Server and SharePoint Foundation
- About restores of SharePoint Server and SharePoint Foundation
- Protecting SharePoint Server data with VMware backups
- About protecting SharePoint Server data with VMware backups
- About configuring a VMware backup that protects SharePoint Server
- Disaster recovery
- About NetBackup for SharePoint debug logging
- About NetBackup status reports
Limitations on SharePoint Server backups and restores
The following limitations exist when you perform backups and restores of SharePoint Server:
Due to Microsoft API limitations, NetBackup does not support backups of the Application Registry service application.
Project Server databases are not protected.
SQL 2012 Reporting Services are not supported.
The FAST Search service application under SharePoint is not protected.
The following cannot be redirected to another web application:
Documents and folders (With SharePoint 2010, these items can be redirected to a file system.)
Farm Configuration database and Single Sign-on database
Index Files or Index database
Web Parts on the home page of the site collection and subsite do not retain their formatting when you restore with GRT at the site collection and subsite level.
For SharePoint 2010, newly added aspx pages (non-home pages) are always skipped.
NetBackup does not currently support SharePoint 2013 and 2016 GRT restores of deleted lists and PerformancePoint Dashboards. For example, Microsoft OneDrive sync fails after you perform the GRT restore of the list or the OneDrive web app that is deleted.
Restoring a SharePoint Help Search database and index files results in a successful restore. However, the SharePoint Help Search is not extended to use the restored database and index files.
When you direct items to a file system, any list items you selected are not restored and appear as 0-KB files.
In SharePoint 2016, if you try to overwrite the
home.aspxpage, the restore jobs fails with an error message.
In SharePoint 2016, Wiki Pages Library list and its properties and contents (folder and list items) and their properties are not restored successfully.
For limitations on operations with Granular Recovery Technology (GRT), see the following topic: