Veritas NetBackup™ for Microsoft SharePoint Server Administrator's Guide
- Introducing NetBackup for SharePoint Server
- Installing NetBackup for SharePoint Server
- Installing and configuring NFS for SharePoint Granular Recovery
- About configuring Services for Network File System (NFS) on Windows 2012, 2012 R2, or 2016
- About configuring Services for Network File System (NFS) on Windows 2008 and 2008 R2
- Configuring NetBackup for SharePoint Server
- Configuring a SharePoint backup that uses Granular Recovery Technology (GRT)
- Configuring SharePoint client host properties
- Configuring NetBackup for SharePoint backup policies
- About configuring a backup policy for SharePoint
- Adding schedules to a NetBackup for SharePoint policy
- Creating a backup selections list for a SharePoint Server policy
- Performing backups and restores of SharePoint Server and SharePoint Foundation
- About user-directed backups of SharePoint Server and SharePoint Foundation
- About restores of SharePoint Server and SharePoint Foundation
- Protecting SharePoint Server data with VMware backups
- About protecting SharePoint Server data with VMware backups
- About configuring a VMware backup that protects SharePoint Server
- Disaster recovery
- About NetBackup for SharePoint debug logging
- About NetBackup status reports
Specifying the server and client for a SharePoint Server backup operation
When you perform user backups of a SharePoint Server, you can specify the server that you want to perform the backups.
To specify the server and client for a backup operation
- Log onto the server as Administrator.
- Open the Backup, Archive, and Restore interface.
- Select File > Specify NetBackup Machines and Policy Type.
- In the Specify NetBackup Machines and Policy Type dialog box, provide the following information:
Server to use for backups and restores
Select the server you want to perform the backup.
Source client for restores (or virtual client for backups)
Not applicable for SharePoint backups.
- Click OK.