Veritas NetBackup™ for Microsoft SharePoint Server Administrator's Guide
- Introducing NetBackup for SharePoint Server
- Installing NetBackup for SharePoint Server
- Installing and configuring NFS for SharePoint Granular Recovery
- About configuring Services for Network File System (NFS) on Windows 2012, 2012 R2, or 2016
- About configuring Services for Network File System (NFS) on Windows 2008 and 2008 R2
- Configuring NetBackup for SharePoint Server
- Configuring a SharePoint backup that uses Granular Recovery Technology (GRT)
- Configuring SharePoint client host properties
- Configuring NetBackup for SharePoint backup policies
- About configuring a backup policy for SharePoint
- Adding schedules to a NetBackup for SharePoint policy
- Creating a backup selections list for a SharePoint Server policy
- Performing backups and restores of SharePoint Server and SharePoint Foundation
- About user-directed backups of SharePoint Server and SharePoint Foundation
- About restores of SharePoint Server and SharePoint Foundation
- Protecting SharePoint Server data with VMware backups
- About protecting SharePoint Server data with VMware backups
- About configuring a VMware backup that protects SharePoint Server
- Disaster recovery
- About NetBackup for SharePoint debug logging
- About NetBackup status reports
Configuring exclude lists for SharePoint clients
If you need to exclude certain SharePoint objects, you can create an exclude list. When NetBackup runs a NetBackup for SharePoint backup policy, NetBackup ignores the items that appear in the exclude list.
For more information on how to create an exclude list by using the NetBackup Administration Console, see the NetBackup Administrator's Guide, Volume I.
NetBackup excludes certain files and directories by default. These default exclusions always appear in the Administration Console's exclude list. The default exclusions are as follows:
You can exclude any SharePoint object from a backup. You can specify the exclude list entry under All Policies or under a specific policy or schedule.
SharePoint object names can be lengthy. You can type an object name in the exclude list manually. Or it may be easier to locate the object through a remote browse (from the NetBackup policy window). Then copy the object name from there to the exclude list.
The following figure shows an exclude list with one SharePoint Web application:
For SQL Servers in a cluster, you must select each node and perform the configuration procedure on each node. You must configure the same settings on each node. If you change the attributes for the virtual name of the client, NetBackup updates only the active node or current node.
To configure a SharePoint client exclude list
- Open the NetBackup Administration Console or the Remote Administration Console.
- In the left pane, expand NetBackup Administration > Host Properties > Clients.
- In the right pane, select the SharePoint client(s) that you want to configure.
- Click Actions > Properties.
- Expand Windows Client and click Exclude Lists.
- Click Add.
- Specify objects to exclude in one of the following ways:
In the Policy field, select <<All Policies>> or type the name of a specific policy.
In the Schedules field, select <<All Schedules>> or type the name of a specific schedule.
In the Files/Directories field, type the name of SharePoint object in the following format:
For Web applications:
Microsoft SharePoint Resources:\Windows SharePoint Foundation Web Application\app name
To exclude a specific database, type the name of a specific database after the Web application name.
To exclude Index Files and their Search databases, use one of the following directives.
Microsoft SharePoint Resources:\Shared Services\Shared Service Applications\Search Service Application name
- (Conditional) Repeat step 3 through step 7 for the other nodes in the environment.
Perform this step if the NetBackup environment is clustered or replicated.
If you specify the name of the virtual client, only the active node or current node is updated. For the changes to be effective throughout the cluster, repeat the configuration steps on each node.