Veritas NetBackup™ for Microsoft SharePoint Server Administrator's Guide
- Introducing NetBackup for SharePoint Server
- Installing NetBackup for SharePoint Server
- Installing and configuring NFS for SharePoint Granular Recovery
- About configuring Services for Network File System (NFS) on Windows 2012, 2012 R2, or 2016
- About configuring Services for Network File System (NFS) on Windows 2008 and 2008 R2
- Configuring NetBackup for SharePoint Server
- Configuring a SharePoint backup that uses Granular Recovery Technology (GRT)
- Configuring SharePoint client host properties
- Configuring NetBackup for SharePoint backup policies
- About configuring a backup policy for SharePoint
- Adding schedules to a NetBackup for SharePoint policy
- Creating a backup selections list for a SharePoint Server policy
- Performing backups and restores of SharePoint Server and SharePoint Foundation
- About user-directed backups of SharePoint Server and SharePoint Foundation
- About restores of SharePoint Server and SharePoint Foundation
- Protecting SharePoint Server data with VMware backups
- About protecting SharePoint Server data with VMware backups
- About configuring a VMware backup that protects SharePoint Server
- Disaster recovery
- About NetBackup for SharePoint debug logging
- About NetBackup status reports
SharePoint Server backup operations
You can use the NetBackup for SharePoint Server agent to back up the entire SharePoint Server farm or individual components. NetBackup provides the following methods to perform backups:
The NetBackup administrator can schedule the backups that occur automatically and unattended under the control of the NetBackup Server. The following types of automatic backups are available:
The entire contents in the backup selections list are backed up.
Only the contents that have been added or changed since the previous full or incremental are included in the backup.
Manual backup may be used for special events. A manual backup includes all the items in the backup selections list of the policy you selected for backup.
User directed backups require a User Backup schedule to be defined on a SharePoint policy on the NetBackup Server. A user-directed backup includes the entire contents of the items that are selected for backup. This type of backup is only supported from the SharePoint application host, not on other hosts where only SharePoint objects are present.