Veritas NetBackup™ for Microsoft SharePoint Server Administrator's Guide
- Introducing NetBackup for SharePoint Server
- Installing NetBackup for SharePoint Server
- Installing and configuring NFS for SharePoint Granular Recovery
- About configuring Services for Network File System (NFS) on Windows 2012, 2012 R2, or 2016
- About configuring Services for Network File System (NFS) on Windows 2008 and 2008 R2
- Configuring NetBackup for SharePoint Server
- Configuring a SharePoint backup that uses Granular Recovery Technology (GRT)
- Configuring SharePoint client host properties
- Configuring NetBackup for SharePoint backup policies
- About configuring a backup policy for SharePoint
- Adding schedules to a NetBackup for SharePoint policy
- Creating a backup selections list for a SharePoint Server policy
- Performing backups and restores of SharePoint Server and SharePoint Foundation
- About user-directed backups of SharePoint Server and SharePoint Foundation
- About restores of SharePoint Server and SharePoint Foundation
- Protecting SharePoint Server data with VMware backups
- About protecting SharePoint Server data with VMware backups
- About configuring a VMware backup that protects SharePoint Server
- Disaster recovery
- About NetBackup for SharePoint debug logging
- About NetBackup status reports
Redirecting a restore of a SharePoint Web application to another farm
Note the following when you redirect a Web application to another farm:
The Web application target to which you want to redirect the restore must already exist on the specified Web server. It also must have the same number of content databases as the source Web application.
The target Web application and SQL database name must have new names (different from original names).
The SharePoint version from the source farm must match the SharePoint version of the destination farm.
You can only redirect a Web application from a full backup. Redirection is not supported from differential backups.
The Web applications must be restored at the database level.
The destination SharePoint farm nodes must be in the NetBackup domain.
In the host properties for the master server, configure the Distributed Application Restore Mapping settings.
These settings must contain the mapping for the destination farm. A distributed application must have all the farm nodes of the destination SharePoint farm mapped as components of the source SharePoint front end.
The Windows Client Properties for the destination farm nodes must be set for SharePoint for all nodes in the farm.
A NetBackup client must be installed on all nodes of the destination farm.
You cannot complete a redirected restore if the SQL databases exist across multiple SQL hosts.
You must restore all redirected Web application SQL databases in one operation at the same time.
You cannot redirect a Web application to the same farm more than once. This restriction ensures SQL database ID uniqueness.
The SharePoint version of the source and destination must be the same.
The SQL version of the source and destination must be the same.
You must manually restore from the MS-Windows backup image any custom Web parts that were created on the file system. These components are not backed up with the MS-SharePoint policy. (For example, you must manually restore
To redirect a restore of a SharePoint Web application to another farm
- Log on as Administrator.
- Create the target Web application on the target Web server.
- Open the Backup, Archive, and Restore interface.
- Click File > Select Files and Folders to Restore > from Normal Backup.
- Select the MS-SharePoint policy type.
- From the NetBackup History pane, select the full backup image that contains the objects you want to restore.
- In the All Folders pane, expand Microsoft SharePoint Resources.
When you select items to restore, do not check the checkbox for an item in the All folders pane. Only check the checkbox for an item in the Contents of pane.
- In the Contents of pane, select the Web application to redirect.
The following image shows a SharePoint 2010 restore.
- Click Actions > Restore.
- In the Restore Marked Files dialog box, click the Microsoft SharePoint tab.
- Check Redirect SharePoint Resources.
- Click Web application.
- In the URL box, type the URL of the destination site:
Use the URL that appears in SharePoint Central Administration.
- In the Front end web server name box, indicate the host name of the target Web server.
- Click Start Restore.