Veritas NetBackup™ for DB2 Administrator's Guide
- Introduction to NetBackup for DB2
- Installing NetBackup for DB2
- Verifying the operating system and platform compatibility
- About log archiving
- Configuring NetBackup for DB2
- About configuring a backup policy for DB2
- About adding backup selections to a DB2 policy
- About backing up archive log files with the user exit program
- Configuring the run-time environment
- Creating a db2.conf file for use with the user exit program
- Creating a db2.conf file (vendor method)
- Configuring bp.conf files in a cluster environment
- About NetBackup for DB2 templates and shell scripts
- Creating DB2 scripts manually
- Performing backups and restores of DB2
- About user-directed backups
- Performing a database restore
- Using the NetBackup for DB2 recovery wizard
- Using DB2 to perform a restore
- About an alternate restore
- Using Snapshot Client with NetBackup for DB2
- About NetBackup for DB2 with Snapshot Client operations
- Restoring NetBackup for DB2 from a snapshot backup
- About configuring NetBackup for DB2 block-level incremental backups on UNIX
- Configuring policies for BLI backups with NetBackup for DB2
- About Snapshot Client effects
- Troubleshooting NetBackup for DB2
- About the NetBackup for DB2 log files
- Appendix A. Configuration for a DB2 EEE (DPF) environment
- Appendix B. Using NetBackup for DB2 with SAP®
- Appendix C. Register authorized locations
Specifying the master server for a NetBackup for DB2 client
Add the server names to the master server before you configure the server list on the client. To add server names on the client, see the following topic:
To specify the master server in the NetBackup Administration Console
- In the left pane, expand NetBackup Management > Host Properties > Clients.
- Double-click the NetBackup for DB2 client name in the Clients list.
- Click Servers.
- Verify that the correct server displays in the Master Server box.
If the correct server does not display, click the server name in the Additional Servers list, and click Make Master. Alternatively, click Add to add a new server name to the list.
- Click OK.