Please enter search query. Search <book_title>...
Veritas NetBackup™ for DB2 Administrator's Guide
Last Published: 2021-06-07
Product(s): NetBackup (9.1)
- Introduction to NetBackup for DB2
- Installing NetBackup for DB2
- Verifying the operating system and platform compatibility
- About log archiving
- Configuring NetBackup for DB2
- About configuring a backup policy for DB2
- About adding backup selections to a DB2 policy
- About backing up archive log files with the user exit program
- Configuring the run-time environment
- Creating a db2.conf file for use with the user exit program
- Creating a db2.conf file (vendor method)
- Configuring bp.conf files in a cluster environment
- About NetBackup for DB2 templates and shell scripts
- Creating DB2 scripts manually
- Performing backups and restores of DB2
- About user-directed backups
- Performing a database restore
- Using the NetBackup for DB2 recovery wizard
- Using DB2 to perform a restore
- About an alternate restore
- Using Snapshot Client with NetBackup for DB2
- About NetBackup for DB2 with Snapshot Client operations
- Restoring NetBackup for DB2 from a snapshot backup
- About configuring NetBackup for DB2 block-level incremental backups on UNIX
- Configuring policies for BLI backups with NetBackup for DB2
- About Snapshot Client effects
- Troubleshooting NetBackup for DB2
- About the NetBackup for DB2 log files
- Appendix A. Configuration for a DB2 EEE (DPF) environment
- Appendix B. Using NetBackup for DB2 with SAP®
- Appendix C. Register authorized locations
Configuring the logon account for the NetBackup Client Service for NetBackup for DB2
Because the NetBackup Client Service is started by default under the SYSTEM account, you also must give special attention to database user authentication. The SYSTEM account does not have permission to connect to the target database if you use OS authentication instead of passwords.
If you use OS authentication, run the NetBackup Client Service under an account that has SYSADM, SYSCTRL, or SYSMAINT privileges for DB2. The account name must comply with the DB2 naming rules.
For more information on naming rules and authentication, see your DB2 documentation.
To configure the logon account for the NetBackup Client Service for NetBackup for DB2
- In the Windows Services application, open the NetBackup Client Service entry.
- On the Log On tab, provide the following:
Provide the account name that has SYSADM, SYSCTRL, or SYSMAINT privileges.
Type the password.
- Stop and start the NetBackup Client Service.