Veritas NetBackup™ for DB2 Administrator's Guide
- Introduction to NetBackup for DB2
- Installing NetBackup for DB2
- Verifying the operating system and platform compatibility
- About log archiving
- Configuring NetBackup for DB2
- About configuring a backup policy for DB2
- About adding backup selections to a DB2 policy
- About backing up archive log files with the user exit program
- Configuring the run-time environment
- Creating a db2.conf file for use with the user exit program
- Creating a db2.conf file (vendor method)
- Configuring bp.conf files in a cluster environment
- About NetBackup for DB2 templates and shell scripts
- Creating DB2 scripts manually
- Performing backups and restores of DB2
- About user-directed backups
- Performing a database restore
- Using the NetBackup for DB2 recovery wizard
- Using DB2 to perform a restore
- About an alternate restore
- Using Snapshot Client with NetBackup for DB2
- About NetBackup for DB2 with Snapshot Client operations
- Restoring NetBackup for DB2 from a snapshot backup
- About configuring NetBackup for DB2 block-level incremental backups on UNIX
- Configuring policies for BLI backups with NetBackup for DB2
- About Snapshot Client effects
- Troubleshooting NetBackup for DB2
- About the NetBackup for DB2 log files
- Appendix A. Configuration for a DB2 EEE (DPF) environment
- Appendix B. Using NetBackup for DB2 with SAP®
- Appendix C. Register authorized locations
Creating a backup template using the NetBackup for DB2 backup wizard
The following procedure shows you how to browse the DB2 environment from the Backup, Archive, and Restore interface on the NetBackup for DB2 client. You can use the interface to select database objects for backup. Then it shows how to access the backup wizard to create the backup template. Before you create a template on the master server the client must exist in a policy or in the NetBackup image catalog.
The Backup, Archive, and Restore interface only displays local or resident partitions. Any templates that are created on the local client do not back up partitions on remote hosts. Create additional templates for the other remote partitions by running the wizard on those clients. To back up the entire EEE/DPF configuration, specify multiple templates in the policy backup selections list.
To create a backup template by using the NetBackup for DB2 backup wizard
- Start the Backup, Archive, and Restore interface:
On the Windows Start menu, choose All Programs > Veritas NetBackup > Backup, Archive, and Restore.
On UNIX, issue the following command:
- On Windows, click Select for Backup.
On UNIX, click the Backup Files tab.
- In the left pane, expand the DB2 resource to view a DB2 instance hierarchy.
- Select a node in the left pane to view details in the right pane.
When you select any parent database object, NetBackup for DB2 automatically selects all the child objects beneath it. A description is available of the database object types in the backup window.
- After you select the DB2 objects to back up, use the NetBackup for DB2 Backup Wizard to create a backup template for that DB2 element.
Click Actions > Backup.
The NetBackup for DB2 backup wizard displays the following screens for you to enter information about the backup operation you want to perform:
Click Help on the wizard panel for more information.
- When you complete the wizard, the Template Complete screen appears. You can save the template for later use, run the template immediately, or both.
Click Help for details about saving and running the template you created.
- When you are satisfied with the template, click Finish to save, run, or save and run the template you created.
When you run a backup template from the wizard, NetBackup performs a full backup.