Please enter search query. Search <book_title>...
Veritas NetBackup™ for DB2 Administrator's Guide
Last Published: 2021-06-07
Product(s): NetBackup (9.1)
- Introduction to NetBackup for DB2
- Installing NetBackup for DB2
- Verifying the operating system and platform compatibility
- About log archiving
- Configuring NetBackup for DB2
- About configuring a backup policy for DB2
- About adding backup selections to a DB2 policy
- About backing up archive log files with the user exit program
- Configuring the run-time environment
- Creating a db2.conf file for use with the user exit program
- Creating a db2.conf file (vendor method)
- Configuring bp.conf files in a cluster environment
- About NetBackup for DB2 templates and shell scripts
- Creating DB2 scripts manually
- Performing backups and restores of DB2
- About user-directed backups
- Performing a database restore
- Using the NetBackup for DB2 recovery wizard
- Using DB2 to perform a restore
- About an alternate restore
- Using Snapshot Client with NetBackup for DB2
- About NetBackup for DB2 with Snapshot Client operations
- Restoring NetBackup for DB2 from a snapshot backup
- About configuring NetBackup for DB2 block-level incremental backups on UNIX
- Configuring policies for BLI backups with NetBackup for DB2
- About Snapshot Client effects
- Troubleshooting NetBackup for DB2
- About the NetBackup for DB2 log files
- Appendix A. Configuration for a DB2 EEE (DPF) environment
- Appendix B. Using NetBackup for DB2 with SAP®
- Appendix C. Register authorized locations
About database objects supported by advanced backup methods
DB2 allows snapshot operations at the node level, so NetBackup can use file-based Snapshot Client backup methods to back up databases. NetBackup for DB2 cannot use Snapshot Client methods to back up individual tablespaces or container files.
Before you can perform the very first snapshot backup, DB2 requires a stream-based backup of the database.
DB2 performs only conventional backups for transaction logs; use either the user-exit or VENDOR method. You cannot use Snapshot Client methods for transaction logs.
Snapshot backups and log archiving require different configurations. When you configure NetBackup for DB2 with Snapshot Client backups, be sure to configure the policies to allow both kinds of backups.