Please enter search query. Search <book_title>...
Veritas NetBackup™ for DB2 Administrator's Guide
Last Published: 2021-06-07
Product(s): NetBackup (9.1)
- Introduction to NetBackup for DB2
- Installing NetBackup for DB2
- Verifying the operating system and platform compatibility
- About log archiving
- Configuring NetBackup for DB2
- About configuring a backup policy for DB2
- About adding backup selections to a DB2 policy
- About backing up archive log files with the user exit program
- Configuring the run-time environment
- Creating a db2.conf file for use with the user exit program
- Creating a db2.conf file (vendor method)
- Configuring bp.conf files in a cluster environment
- About NetBackup for DB2 templates and shell scripts
- Creating DB2 scripts manually
- Performing backups and restores of DB2
- About user-directed backups
- Performing a database restore
- Using the NetBackup for DB2 recovery wizard
- Using DB2 to perform a restore
- About an alternate restore
- Using Snapshot Client with NetBackup for DB2
- About NetBackup for DB2 with Snapshot Client operations
- Restoring NetBackup for DB2 from a snapshot backup
- About configuring NetBackup for DB2 block-level incremental backups on UNIX
- Configuring policies for BLI backups with NetBackup for DB2
- About Snapshot Client effects
- Troubleshooting NetBackup for DB2
- About the NetBackup for DB2 log files
- Appendix A. Configuration for a DB2 EEE (DPF) environment
- Appendix B. Using NetBackup for DB2 with SAP®
- Appendix C. Register authorized locations
Selecting files for restore
The following procedure describes how to select files for a restore operation.
To select files for restore
- Open the Backup, Archive, and Restore interface.
- On Windows, click File > Specify NetBackup Machines and Policy Type.
On UNIX, click Actions > Specify NetBackup Machines and Policy Type.
- In the Policy type for restores list, select DB2.
- Click OK.
- On UNIX, Click the Restore Files tab.
On Windows, click Choose File > Select Files and Folders to Restore > from Normal Backup.
- Expand the DB2 resource in the left pane to view a DB2 instance hierarchy.
- Select a node in the left pane to view details in the right pane.
If the DB2 node is not visible, it is possible that your NetBackup for DB2 client does not have the appropriate policy type specified.