Veritas NetBackup™ for DB2 Administrator's Guide
- Introduction to NetBackup for DB2
- Installing NetBackup for DB2
- Verifying the operating system and platform compatibility
- About log archiving
- Configuring NetBackup for DB2
- About configuring a backup policy for DB2
- About adding backup selections to a DB2 policy
- About backing up archive log files with the user exit program
- Configuring the run-time environment
- Creating a db2.conf file for use with the user exit program
- Creating a db2.conf file (vendor method)
- Configuring bp.conf files in a cluster environment
- About NetBackup for DB2 templates and shell scripts
- Creating DB2 scripts manually
- Performing backups and restores of DB2
- About user-directed backups
- Performing a database restore
- Using the NetBackup for DB2 recovery wizard
- Using DB2 to perform a restore
- About an alternate restore
- Using Snapshot Client with NetBackup for DB2
- About NetBackup for DB2 with Snapshot Client operations
- Restoring NetBackup for DB2 from a snapshot backup
- About configuring NetBackup for DB2 block-level incremental backups on UNIX
- Configuring policies for BLI backups with NetBackup for DB2
- About Snapshot Client effects
- Troubleshooting NetBackup for DB2
- About the NetBackup for DB2 log files
- Appendix A. Configuration for a DB2 EEE (DPF) environment
- Appendix B. Using NetBackup for DB2 with SAP®
- Appendix C. Register authorized locations
Configuring an application backup schedule
A database backup requires an application backup schedule. You cannot perform backups if this type of schedule is not included in the policy. The NetBackup for DB2 agent automatically creates this schedule and names it.
The backup window for an application backup schedule must encompass the time period during which all scheduled jobs and client-initiated jobs can occur. This window is necessary because the application backup schedule accepts the backup request from NetBackup for DB2 regardless of whether the backup was initiated from an automatic schedule or from the client. You can choose to set the window for the application backup schedule for 24 hours per day, seven days per week. This window ensures that your operations are never locked out due to the application backup schedule.
To configure an application backup schedule
- In the Policy dialog box, click the Schedules tab.
To access the Policy dialog box, double-click the policy name in the Policies list in the NetBackup Administration Console.
- Double-click the schedule that is named Default-Application-Backup.
- Specify the other properties for the schedule.