Veritas NetBackup™ for DB2 Administrator's Guide
- Introduction to NetBackup for DB2
- Installing NetBackup for DB2
- Verifying the operating system and platform compatibility
- About log archiving
- Configuring NetBackup for DB2
- About configuring a backup policy for DB2
- About adding backup selections to a DB2 policy
- About backing up archive log files with the user exit program
- Configuring the run-time environment
- Creating a db2.conf file for use with the user exit program
- Creating a db2.conf file (vendor method)
- Configuring bp.conf files in a cluster environment
- About NetBackup for DB2 templates and shell scripts
- Creating DB2 scripts manually
- Performing backups and restores of DB2
- About user-directed backups
- Performing a database restore
- Using the NetBackup for DB2 recovery wizard
- Using DB2 to perform a restore
- About an alternate restore
- Using Snapshot Client with NetBackup for DB2
- About NetBackup for DB2 with Snapshot Client operations
- Restoring NetBackup for DB2 from a snapshot backup
- About configuring NetBackup for DB2 block-level incremental backups on UNIX
- Configuring policies for BLI backups with NetBackup for DB2
- About Snapshot Client effects
- Troubleshooting NetBackup for DB2
- About the NetBackup for DB2 log files
- Appendix A. Configuration for a DB2 EEE (DPF) environment
- Appendix B. Using NetBackup for DB2 with SAP®
- Appendix C. Register authorized locations
About the NetBackup for DB2 components
Table: NetBackup for DB2 component descriptions describes the main NetBackup components in a NetBackup for DB2 environment.
Table: NetBackup for DB2 component descriptions
NBDB2 vendor I/O library
The DB2 BACKUP and RESTORE commands use the NBDB2 vendor I/O library to send data buffers between a DB2 database and NetBackup.
You specify the library as the argument to the LOAD parameter of the DB2 BACKUP and RESTORE commands.
The installation program installs the vendor library in the following location:
On UNIX, the name of the vendor library differs, depending on your platform as follows:
User exit program
The NetBackup for DB2 user exit program, db2uext2, provides one method for backing up and restoring the DB2 archive log files.
Use this method at the following times:
The user exit program backs up and restores the archive logs as files. The file is called db2uext2.64. NetBackup for DB2 supports this method for protecting the archive logs on all supported DB2 releases.
The user exit program resides in the following location:
On Windows: %DB2_INSTANCE%\bin\db2uext2.exe
On UNIX: $DB2_INSTANCE/sqllib/adm/db2uext2.
Other methods are available for backing up archive log files.
Sample configuration file (db2.conf) and script files
The installation software installs the following sample files:
The installation software writes these sample files to the following location:
To use the sample files, copy the sample files to working directories and modify them for your own use.
NetBackup for DB2 backup wizard and recovery wizard
NetBackup for DB2 provides wizards that enable you to create backup and recovery templates. You invoke the wizards by browsing for and selecting a DB2 database object in the Backup, Archive, and Restore interface. After you supply information about the operation, the wizard creates a template that you can run immediately or store on the server (for backup templates). You can use the stored backup templates in scheduled backups through a NetBackup policy. You can also use them to perform manual backups on the NetBackup for DB2 client.