Veritas NetBackup™ for DB2 Administrator's Guide
- Introduction to NetBackup for DB2
- Installing NetBackup for DB2
- Verifying the operating system and platform compatibility
- About log archiving
- Configuring NetBackup for DB2
- About configuring a backup policy for DB2
- About adding backup selections to a DB2 policy
- About backing up archive log files with the user exit program
- Configuring the run-time environment
- Creating a db2.conf file for use with the user exit program
- Creating a db2.conf file (vendor method)
- Configuring bp.conf files in a cluster environment
- About NetBackup for DB2 templates and shell scripts
- Creating DB2 scripts manually
- Performing backups and restores of DB2
- About user-directed backups
- Performing a database restore
- Using the NetBackup for DB2 recovery wizard
- Using DB2 to perform a restore
- About an alternate restore
- Using Snapshot Client with NetBackup for DB2
- About NetBackup for DB2 with Snapshot Client operations
- Restoring NetBackup for DB2 from a snapshot backup
- About configuring NetBackup for DB2 block-level incremental backups on UNIX
- Configuring policies for BLI backups with NetBackup for DB2
- About Snapshot Client effects
- Troubleshooting NetBackup for DB2
- About the NetBackup for DB2 log files
- Appendix A. Configuration for a DB2 EEE (DPF) environment
- Appendix B. Using NetBackup for DB2 with SAP®
- Appendix C. Register authorized locations
Using the DB2 template administration interface to run a user-directed backup
The DB2 template administration interface is available in the NetBackup Backup, Archive, and Restore interface. The DB2 template administration window provides the following functions:
Processes the selected template.
Changes the contents of an existing template. The selected template is loaded into the NetBackup for DB2 template generation wizard.
Removes the selected template. You must be the root user or the template creator to delete a template.
Changes the name of the selected template. You must be the root user or the template creator to rename a template.
Displays a summary of the selected template.
The templates that the NetBackup for DB2 template generation wizard creates are stored in a predetermined location on the master server.
See Creating a backup template using the NetBackup for DB2 backup wizard.
To use the DB2 template administration interface
- Start the NetBackup Backup, Archive, and Restore interface.
On UNIX, type the following from the command line:
In the NetBackup Administration Console, choose File > Backup, Archive, and Restore.
- In the Backup, Archive, and Restore interface, choose Actions > Administer Database Templates > DB2.
The DB2 Template Administration window appears.
The Select Template list shows the names and descriptions of the DB2 backup templates that are stored on the current master server.
- Select the name of the backup template you want to run.
- Click Run.
- Type your User Name and Password.
- Click OK.
- Click Run.
The template runs a full backup. Incremental backups are only available through the NetBackup scheduler.
You can use the View Status tool to see the status of the backup. Click File > View Status.