Please enter search query. Search <book_title>...
Veritas NetBackup™ for DB2 Administrator's Guide
Last Published: 2021-06-07
Product(s): NetBackup (9.1)
- Introduction to NetBackup for DB2
- Installing NetBackup for DB2
- Verifying the operating system and platform compatibility
- About log archiving
- Configuring NetBackup for DB2
- About configuring a backup policy for DB2
- About adding backup selections to a DB2 policy
- About backing up archive log files with the user exit program
- Configuring the run-time environment
- Creating a db2.conf file for use with the user exit program
- Creating a db2.conf file (vendor method)
- Configuring bp.conf files in a cluster environment
- About NetBackup for DB2 templates and shell scripts
- Creating DB2 scripts manually
- Performing backups and restores of DB2
- About user-directed backups
- Performing a database restore
- Using the NetBackup for DB2 recovery wizard
- Using DB2 to perform a restore
- About an alternate restore
- Using Snapshot Client with NetBackup for DB2
- About NetBackup for DB2 with Snapshot Client operations
- Restoring NetBackup for DB2 from a snapshot backup
- About configuring NetBackup for DB2 block-level incremental backups on UNIX
- Configuring policies for BLI backups with NetBackup for DB2
- About Snapshot Client effects
- Troubleshooting NetBackup for DB2
- About the NetBackup for DB2 log files
- Appendix A. Configuration for a DB2 EEE (DPF) environment
- Appendix B. Using NetBackup for DB2 with SAP®
- Appendix C. Register authorized locations
Using the VENDOR archive method
Starting with the DB2 8.2 release, you can use the VENDOR log archive method.
If you use this method, note the following:
To use the VENDOR archive method
- Quiesce the DB2 database.
Perform this procedure and the configuration procedures at a time when minimal changes are made to the DB2 database.
- Specify the archive method. The syntax is as follows:
On Windows: LOGARCHMETH1=VENDOR:install_path\NetBackup\bin\nbdb2.dll
On UNIX: LOGARCHMETH1=VENDOR:/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/library
For the library name, refer to the following topic.
- Verify your DB2 configuration to ensure that the appropriate log archiving method for your site is enabled.
If necessary, edit your DB2 configuration specifications to specify the log archiving method.