Veritas NetBackup™ for DB2 Administrator's Guide
- Introduction to NetBackup for DB2
- Installing NetBackup for DB2
- Verifying the operating system and platform compatibility
- About log archiving
- Configuring NetBackup for DB2
- About configuring a backup policy for DB2
- About adding backup selections to a DB2 policy
- About backing up archive log files with the user exit program
- Configuring the run-time environment
- Creating a db2.conf file for use with the user exit program
- Creating a db2.conf file (vendor method)
- Configuring bp.conf files in a cluster environment
- About NetBackup for DB2 templates and shell scripts
- Creating DB2 scripts manually
- Performing backups and restores of DB2
- About user-directed backups
- Performing a database restore
- Using the NetBackup for DB2 recovery wizard
- Using DB2 to perform a restore
- About an alternate restore
- Using Snapshot Client with NetBackup for DB2
- About NetBackup for DB2 with Snapshot Client operations
- Restoring NetBackup for DB2 from a snapshot backup
- About configuring NetBackup for DB2 block-level incremental backups on UNIX
- Configuring policies for BLI backups with NetBackup for DB2
- About Snapshot Client effects
- Troubleshooting NetBackup for DB2
- About the NetBackup for DB2 log files
- Appendix A. Configuration for a DB2 EEE (DPF) environment
- Appendix B. Using NetBackup for DB2 with SAP®
- Appendix C. Register authorized locations
Planning the installation of NetBackup for DB2
Table: Installation steps for NetBackup for DB2 shows the major installation steps that are needed to run NetBackup for DB2. Each step contains one or more links to pertinent procedures and concepts.
Table: Installation steps for NetBackup for DB2
Verify the installation prerequisites.
See Verifying the operating system and platform compatibility.
See NetBackup server and client requirements.
See DB2 server software requirements.
See Requirements for using NetBackup for SAP MaxDB, SAP Oracle, and SAP HANA in a NetBackup cluster.
Verify that master server has a valid license for NetBackup for DB2 and any NetBackup options or add-ons that you want to use.
Specify a log archive method.
See About log archiving.
(UNIX) specify the DB2 home path.
Add a new database instance.