Veritas NetBackup™ for DB2 Administrator's Guide
- Introduction to NetBackup for DB2
- Installing NetBackup for DB2
- Verifying the operating system and platform compatibility
- About log archiving
- Configuring NetBackup for DB2
- About configuring a backup policy for DB2
- About adding backup selections to a DB2 policy
- About backing up archive log files with the user exit program
- Configuring the run-time environment
- Creating a db2.conf file for use with the user exit program
- Creating a db2.conf file (vendor method)
- Configuring bp.conf files in a cluster environment
- About NetBackup for DB2 templates and shell scripts
- Creating DB2 scripts manually
- Performing backups and restores of DB2
- About user-directed backups
- Performing a database restore
- Using the NetBackup for DB2 recovery wizard
- Using DB2 to perform a restore
- About an alternate restore
- Using Snapshot Client with NetBackup for DB2
- About NetBackup for DB2 with Snapshot Client operations
- Restoring NetBackup for DB2 from a snapshot backup
- About configuring NetBackup for DB2 block-level incremental backups on UNIX
- Configuring policies for BLI backups with NetBackup for DB2
- About Snapshot Client effects
- Troubleshooting NetBackup for DB2
- About the NetBackup for DB2 log files
- Appendix A. Configuration for a DB2 EEE (DPF) environment
- Appendix B. Using NetBackup for DB2 with SAP®
- Appendix C. Register authorized locations
Configuring policies for BLI backups with NetBackup for DB2
This topic explains how to configure BLI backups for DB2 policies. BLI backups do not back up the transaction logs. Include policies or schedules to perform file-based or stream-based backups.
Your backup configuration must ensure that the entire database can be successfully restored.
To configure a policy for BLI backups, configure the following:
An Automatic Backup schedule to perform full and incremental snapshot backups of the data files. These backups automatically include the history file.
An Application Backup schedule to perform an initial stream-based backup of the database. Then, conditionally, perform a stream-based backup of transaction logs. Specify this schedule if you use the VENDOR method for backing up the transaction logs. These files are backed up with the standard NetBackup for DB2 operations.
(Conditional) A Standard or MS-Windows policy with a User Backup schedule to perform a file-based backup of transaction logs. Specify this policy and schedule if you use the user exit program to back up the transaction logs.
To configure a policy for BLI backups
- Open the policy you want to configure.
- Click the Attributes tab.
- From the Policy Type list, choose DB2.
- Select a Policy storage.
- Select Perform block level incremental backups.
- To configure schedules, click the Schedules tab.
DB2 does not support proxy backups of transaction logs.
To perform a whole database proxy backup, configure the following:
One or more Automatic Backup schedules to perform BLI backups of the data files.
This backup automatically includes a backup of the history file.
An Application Backup schedule type for the initial backup of the database and transaction log backups using the VENDOR method.
- On the Clients tab, specify clients to be backed up with this policy.
- On the Backup Selections tab, specify the template or script.