Veritas NetBackup™ for DB2 Administrator's Guide
- Introduction to NetBackup for DB2
- Installing NetBackup for DB2
- Verifying the operating system and platform compatibility
- About log archiving
- Configuring NetBackup for DB2
- About configuring a backup policy for DB2
- About adding backup selections to a DB2 policy
- About backing up archive log files with the user exit program
- Configuring the run-time environment
- Creating a db2.conf file for use with the user exit program
- Creating a db2.conf file (vendor method)
- Configuring bp.conf files in a cluster environment
- About NetBackup for DB2 templates and shell scripts
- Creating DB2 scripts manually
- Performing backups and restores of DB2
- About user-directed backups
- Performing a database restore
- Using the NetBackup for DB2 recovery wizard
- Using DB2 to perform a restore
- About an alternate restore
- Using Snapshot Client with NetBackup for DB2
- About NetBackup for DB2 with Snapshot Client operations
- Restoring NetBackup for DB2 from a snapshot backup
- About configuring NetBackup for DB2 block-level incremental backups on UNIX
- Configuring policies for BLI backups with NetBackup for DB2
- About Snapshot Client effects
- Troubleshooting NetBackup for DB2
- About the NetBackup for DB2 log files
- Appendix A. Configuration for a DB2 EEE (DPF) environment
- Appendix B. Using NetBackup for DB2 with SAP®
- Appendix C. Register authorized locations
About configuring Snapshot Client with NetBackup for DB2
This topic explains how to configure snapshot and instant recovery backups for the DB2 policy. For information on how a snapshot method is automatically selected and details on the types of backup methods, see the NetBackup Snapshot Client Administrator's Guide.
Snapshot backups do not back up all database objects. Your backup configuration must include one or more automatic schedules to perform snapshot backups and one or more application schedules to perform stream-based backups. This configuration ensures that the entire database can be restored successfully.
For snapshot or instant recovery backups, configure the following policies and schedules as follows:
A DB2 policy with the following attributes:
Snapshot methods for the file systems in which the database files reside.
A backup method on the policy attributes dialog box.
An Automatic Full Backup schedule to perform snapshot and off-host backups of the database.
(Conditional) For script- or template-based policies: An Application Backup schedule to back up the transaction logs.
DB2 does not support snapshot backups of database transaction logs. If DB2 is configured to use the user exit program, review the following topic:
About backing up archive log files with the user exit program