Veritas NetBackup™ for DB2 Administrator's Guide
- Introduction to NetBackup for DB2
- Installing NetBackup for DB2
- Verifying the operating system and platform compatibility
- About log archiving
- Configuring NetBackup for DB2
- About configuring a backup policy for DB2
- About adding backup selections to a DB2 policy
- About backing up archive log files with the user exit program
- Configuring the run-time environment
- Creating a db2.conf file for use with the user exit program
- Creating a db2.conf file (vendor method)
- Configuring bp.conf files in a cluster environment
- About NetBackup for DB2 templates and shell scripts
- Creating DB2 scripts manually
- Performing backups and restores of DB2
- About user-directed backups
- Performing a database restore
- Using the NetBackup for DB2 recovery wizard
- Using DB2 to perform a restore
- About an alternate restore
- Using Snapshot Client with NetBackup for DB2
- About NetBackup for DB2 with Snapshot Client operations
- Restoring NetBackup for DB2 from a snapshot backup
- About configuring NetBackup for DB2 block-level incremental backups on UNIX
- Configuring policies for BLI backups with NetBackup for DB2
- About Snapshot Client effects
- Troubleshooting NetBackup for DB2
- About the NetBackup for DB2 log files
- Appendix A. Configuration for a DB2 EEE (DPF) environment
- Appendix B. Using NetBackup for DB2 with SAP®
- Appendix C. Register authorized locations
Adding a NetBackup for DB2 policy
This topic describes how to add a new backup policy for a database.
- Log on to the master server as administrator (Windows) or root (UNIX).
- Start the NetBackup Administration Console.
If your site has more than one master server, choose the one on which you want to add the policy.
- Select NetBackup Management > Policies. Then select Actions > New > Policy.
- Type a unique name for the new policy and click OK.
- From the Policy type list, select DB2.
The DB2 policy type does not appear in the drop-down list unless your master server has a license for the database agent.
- Complete the entries on the Attributes tab.
- When you have added all the schedules, clients, and backup selections you need, click OK.