NetBackup™ Web UI Microsoft SQL Server Administrator's Guide
- Introducing the NetBackup web user interface
- About NetBackup for SQL Server
- Installation and host configuration
- Monitoring and notifications
- Managing SQL Server discovery and credentials
- About discovery of SQL Server objects
- Managing protection plans for SQL Server
- Create a protection plan to protect SQL Server assets
- Protecting SQL Server
- Restoring SQL Server
- Using instant access with SQL Server
- Prerequisites when you configure an instant access SQL Server database
- Protecting SQL Server with VMware backups
- Create a protection plan to protect SQL Server data with a VMware backup
The following snapshot methods and options are available for snapshot backups. For more details see the NetBackup Snapshot Client Administrator's Guide.
NetBackup selects a snapshot method when the backup starts. If necessary, NetBackup selects a different method for assets in the protection plan.
VSS uses the Volume Shadow Copy Service of Windows. VSS is for local backup and it selects the actual snapshot method depending on which snapshot provider is configured on the client.
For any snapshots with any data that is configured over Volume Manager volumes.