NetBackup™ Web UI Microsoft SQL Server Administrator's Guide
- Introducing the NetBackup web user interface
- About NetBackup for SQL Server
- Installation and host configuration
- Monitoring and notifications
- Managing SQL Server discovery and credentials
- About discovery of SQL Server objects
- Managing protection plans for SQL Server
- Create a protection plan to protect SQL Server assets
- Protecting SQL Server
- Restoring SQL Server
- Using instant access with SQL Server
- Prerequisites when you configure an instant access SQL Server database
- Protecting SQL Server with VMware backups
- Create a protection plan to protect SQL Server data with a VMware backup
Planning the installation of NetBackup for SQL Server
Table: Installation steps for NetBackup for SQL Server shows the installation steps that are required to run NetBackup for SQL Server.
Table: Installation steps for NetBackup for SQL Server
Verify the operating system and platform compatibility.
See the NetBackup Compatibility Lists.
Verify that master server has a valid license for NetBackup for SQL Server and any NetBackup options or add-ons that you want to use.
Install the NetBackup client software on the computers that have the databases that you want to back up. The NetBackup for SQL Server agent is installed with the NetBackup client software.
To use the new features that are included in NetBackup for SQL Server in NetBackup 9.0, upgrade your NetBackup for SQL Server clients to NetBackup 9.0. The NetBackup media server must use the same version as or a higher version than the NetBackup for SQL Server client.
Note the following:
To protect a read-scale availability group, you must have the SQL Server Native Client version 11.0.7462 ODBC driver or later installed on the availability group replicas.
This version of the driver lets you discover and browse databases on a read-scale availability group.
To use NetBackup for SQL Server in a NetBackup cluster, verify that your cluster environment is supported and that the NetBackup cluster is configured correctly.
Review the following requirements:
See the Software Compatibility List (SCL).
See the NetBackup Installation Guide.
See the NetBackup Clustered Master Server Administrator's Guide.