NetBackup™ Web UI Microsoft SQL Server Administrator's Guide
- Introducing the NetBackup web user interface
- About NetBackup for SQL Server
- Installation and host configuration
- Monitoring and notifications
- Managing SQL Server discovery and credentials
- About discovery of SQL Server objects
- Managing protection plans for SQL Server
- Create a protection plan to protect SQL Server assets
- Protecting SQL Server
- Restoring SQL Server
- Using instant access with SQL Server
- Prerequisites when you configure an instant access SQL Server database
- Protecting SQL Server with VMware backups
- Create a protection plan to protect SQL Server data with a VMware backup
Configuring SQL Server hosts and user permissions
The following table contains the prerequisites for users to run SQL Server backups and restores.
Table: Prerequisites for NetBackup hosts and user permissions
If you plan to perform VMware backups to protect SQL Server, install the Veritas VSS provider.
Configure the NetBackup Client Service and the NetBackup Legacy Network Service to access the SQL Server when NetBackup performs backups and restores.
See Configuring the NetBackup services for SQL Server backups and restores.
If you want to use the optionfor SQL server credentials, an account other than Local System requires certain local security privileges.
These privileges are necessary since the NetBackup for SQL Server agent logs on as the SQL Server user when it accesses data.
Approve each valid host mapping that NetBackup discovers.
NetBackup automatically discovers many shared names and cluster names that are associated with the NetBackup hosts in your environment. Perform this configuration inon the master server.
Refer to the information on configuring host mappings in the NetBackup Web UI Administrator's Guide. Or, contact your NetBackup administrator for assistance.