NetBackup™ Web UI Microsoft SQL Server Administrator's Guide
- Introducing the NetBackup web user interface
- About NetBackup for SQL Server
- Installation and host configuration
- Monitoring and notifications
- Managing SQL Server discovery and credentials
- About discovery of SQL Server objects
- Managing protection plans for SQL Server
- Create a protection plan to protect SQL Server assets
- Protecting SQL Server
- Restoring SQL Server
- Using instant access with SQL Server
- Prerequisites when you configure an instant access SQL Server database
- Protecting SQL Server with VMware backups
- Create a protection plan to protect SQL Server data with a VMware backup
Protect a SQL Server availability group that crosses NetBackup domains
When you have an availability group that crosses NetBackup domains, you can use Auto Image Replication (A.I.R.) to replicate backup images to another NetBackup domain. The following configuration requirements exist:
Configure the storage in the NetBackup source and target domains:
For OpenStorage, a disk appliance of the same type in each domain. The disk appliance type must support NetBackup Auto Image Replication (A.I.R.).
For NetBackup deduplication, the storage that NetBackup can use for a Media Server Deduplication Pool in each domain.
Configure the domain where the backups occur as the source domain. Then configure the domain where you want to restore the backups as the target domain.
To create a protection plan to protect a SQL Server availability group that crosses domains
- On the left, click Protection > Protection plans and then click Add.
- In Basic properties, enter a Name and Description.
- From the Workload list, select Microsoft SQL Server.
- In Schedules and retention, click Add.
You can set up a full, differential, or transaction log backup.
In the Attributes tab:
Select the Backup type, how often it runs, and how long to keep the backup for this schedule.
Select Replicate this backup.
The backup storage must be a source in a targeted A.I.R. environment. The Replication target is configured in step 5.
For more information about replication, review About NetBackup Auto Image Replication in the NetBackup Administrator's Guide, Volume I.
In the Start window tab:
Define a start window for this schedule using the options available on the screen. You can add multiple schedule windows for this schedule if needed.
Review the Backup schedule preview and verify that all schedules are set correctly.
- In Storage options, configure the storage type per schedule you configured in step 5.
A protection plan can only use the storage that a NetBackup 8.1.2 or newer media server can access.
OpenStorage is required for this option. Tape, storage unit groups, and Replication Director not supported.
Click Edit to select the storage target. Click Use selected storage after selecting the storage target.
The backup storage must be a source in a targeted A.I.R. environment.
Click Edit to select the replication target master server. Select a master server and then select a storage lifecycle policy. Click Use selected replication target to return to the storage options screen.
- In Backup options, select the options that you want.
From the Availability database backup preference list, choose one of the following:
Protect primary replica
Protect preferred replica
See Performance tuning and configuration options.
(Optional) Make any other changes to the tuning parameters.
- In Permissions, review the roles that have access to this protection plan.
- In Review, verify that the protection plan details are correct and click Finish.
NetBackup Administrator's Guide, Volume I
NetBackup OpenStorage Solutions Guide